Niroth - UK Avant-garde/Progressive Black Metal band.

opeth_353

May 31, 2005
UK
www.myspace.com
http://www.myspace.com/niroth

I've been listening to this band quite a lot recently, and i have concluded that:

1. They're fucking brilliant.
2. If you don't think they're brilliant, i hate you.

They say they create 'true metal' .. But i think that's actually selling them extremely short.. Especially once you let their eponymous record sink in - Their myspace has 2 tracks from it.. Although with different titles and unmixed etc..
'Cemetary Shadows' is now called 'Seventeen' and is one of my favourite songs.. Ever. The first riff is just fucking genius, and the atmospheric clean section.. Deathspell would love to have written that!

If you're into Weakling, Deathspell Omega, Shining, Enslaved and industrial/ambient soundscapes... I recommend you check out their record 'Niroth'. Their riffing is just absolutely brilliant in my books.. And i adore their drumming.. Their blastbeats sound lovely, almost as lovely as weakling's!

They have a demo called 'Iconoclasm', which is a very competent debut.. But not quite so original or daring. They also have a track on a split with Wodensthrone, which is on their myspace. Piss poor recording quality, but a very good song none-the-less.. Heavy Enslaved influence on that track!

Enjoy.. Now! :heh::kickass:

This sounds like every other bargain basement The End Records wannabe act. It's not 'avant-garde,' it's just effeminate and lame.

It's metal on myspace... So what? I can't wait to hear how bollocks this Sort Voker album is just to know how much of a philistine you are.

Now, reach for the Kleenex boy.. Apparently trying to slate everything gets you off big time.

Look, kid, you can toss out all the Brit slang you want, but the fact remains that this is dime-a-dozen crap. If you took the drums out of "The Flame in My Hand," it would basically be the song from the Fruit of the Loom 'Slate blue underpants' commercial. Congratulations, your new favorite band is a high concept ad for nuthuggers.

Look, kid, this forum gets your type every now and then. The lone elitist wanker whose vision is so obscured as his eyes are covered with shit, due to his head being so firmly rooted up his arse.

The very fact you dislike this music is good news to me. I bet you think Enslaved are dime-a-dozen sell outs from Mardraum onwards.. Seeing as the majority of people slated your views on Sort Voker, i question your ability to tell me what is good and what isn't.
Unfortunately i cannot say whether or not the song does sound like the advert.. But if it does.. They chose a good song for the advert!

Eagerly awaiting hearing this album! Apparently it's the most viscerally feral musical expression ever recorded! GOODY!

Do keep in mind that the majority would 'slate off' your music choices in favor of Fall Out Boy and the Babyshambles. Just food for thought there, buddy.

Do keep in mind that the majority would 'slate off' your music choices in favor of Fall Out Boy and the Babyshambles. Just food for thought there, buddy.

180px-Lolzturtle.gif

You misunderstood my point, i was talking about the people on this forum, these people who.. over the time i've been here, have proven not to be complete philistines - not just the bovine masses.
You got a link to a download for the Sort Voker album?

Yeah, and your 'majority' consists of two people, one a blatant troll.

You aren't so good at the maths, are you?

Touché - i take back the majority comment. However, it is funny you suggest someone else is a troll.. When, judging from almost every single post you've made, is criticism or insult. I mean.. Most people would consider that being.. I don't know, a troll? I'm beginning to wonder whether it's worth feeding you anymore.. I may run out of Kleenex if this goes on much longer!

However, you clearly have no right to dish out critiques when you resort to spouting utter bollocks. You state opinion as if it is fact, and i do not even understand how you can justify calling the music effeminate.. Unless you truly know some freakishly butch women. In fact, so fucking what if it is effeminate?! I don't know about you, but i'm not some cunt out to try and prove how much of a man i am.. I appreciate good music.. Sorry!

You can dislike the music all you like, you can call it whatever you want - i am glad you do not like it. I'd rather have people who have removed their blinkers, cutting the macho elitist crap, listen to this band. I don't want intellectual wastelands like you making the other fans look like arseholes whose best friend is someone they chat to on msn from the other side of the planet. As i've said before, we've had your type on this forum plenty of times.. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same guy and you're just the latest incarnation.

Link to the album?

Aha! No wonder i couldn't find a download for it.. I've apparently been spelling the name incorrectly. Not long now until i can delve into the t.h.c fueled improv fest!

Trying to bring this thread back on topic a bit:
Anyone else actually listened to the band?

It sounds like indie rock with a distortion pedal, and indie is inherently effeminate (seriously, look at the trucker-hatted fags who dig that shit).

I refuse to actually argue with you anymore - you are a fucking moron. You perception is beyond reality. In the elegant words of socrates:

"You are wrong and you are a cunt".

You weren't arguing with me before, you were asserting an opinion and then criticizing me for having a different one. Not that I expect anything different from some jackass kid in St. Paul who thinks random slang references pulled from back issues of NME will help him pass himself off as a limey.

Liking or disliking bands hardly qualifies as trolling on a forum dedicated to, you know, MUSIC...

Of course not.. But considering your posts generally only consist of criticism and insult, and you try and turn opinion into fact.. you are.. you know.. a troll. You do not value my opinion, and you make extremely outlandish.. Bullshit remarks. Come on, just admit it already.
I know it, you know it.. I think we all know it.

And no, literally no more. You are a pest, and the world would definitely be better off without you.