NK... now that you are a Triaxis owner...

SliderJeff

Got any tacquitos?
Aug 20, 2002
Visit site
Hey Neil,

Nice to see that you snagged the Triaxis used on DNB. I was wondering... if you ever get a chance to monkey around with it, and dial in some killer metal tones (especially if you think you've found the one you used back on DNB), would you mind sharing how you did it? I know I've bugged you incessantly in the past... and for being a giant PIA, I apologize... but I'd love to see what you do to get all the great tones. I really WANT to love my Triaxis... but in the few years I've owned it, I've had one helluva time dialing in anything that I liked... yet I've heard literally dozens of cd's upon which it was used, and lusted for nearly each tone I heard.

Thanks for any help you can give me and my fellow Triaxis users.

For what it's worth, I'm using the Mesa 20/20 and the Mesa Vertical 2x12 Recto Cabinet with V30's.... so it won't be a one to one setup as you have with the 2:90... but ballpark stuff is good for me too. I figure since we are close mic'ing one speaker... the cab probably doesn't make as MUCH of a difference as the power amp does. Could be that I am off base here... but this 2x12 puts alot of 4x12's that I have heard to shame.

Thanks again, Neil.

Regs,
Jeff

I'm very familiar with the Triaxis - I've been using them on a regular basis since 1992 when we got two of them for the Cuatro album by Flots. I also know that this is the same one I used for DNB because I bought it from the guy who I rented it from back then. I used it on a number of albums from 1997-2000. In '96 I had the opportunity to buy a brand new one from my friend Adam from Skrew (unopened in original box) for $500 but I didn't bother because I already had access to this one back then. Still, better late than never I suppose.

I've sent this one out for a complete overhaul just to get it back up to spec..so I'll comment on it when I have a chance to use it in a couple of weeks time. It should kick arse.

Anyone got some killer settings for it? I have one, as well as a 2:90 and Carvin Legacy cabs w/ Vintage 30's. I'm also curious...anyone else who owns one of these get a lot of noise when you use any gain past 3.0? I always have a lot of noise and I can't figure out if it's normal or if I should maybe send it into Mesa to have it looked at.

Sounds like it needs an enema. Seriously, I'd either send it back to Boogie of have a good amp guy look at it. I have an amp tech here in Chicago who makes all the amps I send to him sound incredible.