Mesa Triaxis & 3 Channel Recto Clips Inside

silverwulf

Ghost in the Machine
Mar 6, 2002
Manassas, VA
Visit site
I thought this would interest everyone here. Jim Horne has video clips of him demonstrating the Triaxis/2:90 and the Mesa 3 Channel Triple Recto, and they sound pretty good. On the Recto clip, you even get to hear some Dream Theater if I remember right...some stuff from "Awake," some nu-metal type stuff, old school rock, etc.

For any of you looking to know what they sound like and the tones possible, I highly recommend you check out the video's he has for them. He uses the Mark IIC+ setting on the Triaxis, and it sounds eerily close to the IIC+ I used to have.

http://www.jim-horne.com/video.html

It's been a while since I've seen it, but I could almost swear he was playing a few clips of some stuff from "Awake." I could be wrong.

It does sound a lot like my old IIC+ did. Very damn close. I just make note of that because I've heard a lot of people say "The LEad 2 Yellow (IIC+) on the Triaxis doesn't sound anything like a IIC+ and doesn't have enough gain." Yet when I hear that clip, it sounds eerily similar to my IIC+ I had.

Thanks for the share... Yeah, he's playing "The Mirror" by Dream Theater at around 5:15 after he plays that annoying Disturbed song.