No Acoustics live

BlasphemyDivine

New Metal Member
May 2, 2001
California
members.aol.com
I dont know if anyone knows, but they play everything on electric guitars. I wish they had more time to play and perhaps headline, as they obviously deserve to. Imagine hearing "Benighted" live!! That would rule!!! I've seen them twice now-(metalfest and Massfest) and they were just amazing. My only gripe again is the lack of acoustic guitars in a live setting. I'm quite surprised they dont use them as they are huge part of their cds. Anyway, I cant wait to see them here in L.A.! Hopefully Nevermore will be cool and let them play "Leper Affinity"! I wish they would play "Bleak" though- thats hands down my fave off the new one.

I assumed that's how they would have to do that, all on electric guitars - obviously the songs just change pace too fast to pick up a different guitar. I seem to remember reading that apparently at their North American debut at the Milwaukee Metalfest they had to hunt down some footpedals at the last minute prior to the show. My god, imagine how huge a neccessity that must be!

When I first saw Opeth I was guessing that maybe they would have those acoustic guitars set up on the stands for convience when playing acoustic parts. The songs which they played seemed to call for an Acoustic Sim pedal due to the fastpace in riff changes. Now maybe when the next time they come "headline!" then they'll get to play some of their acoustic songs.

-John

I assumed that's how they would have to do that, all on electric guitars - obviously the songs just change pace too fast to pick up a different guitar. I seem to remember reading that apparently at their North American debut at the Milwaukee Metalfest they had to hunt down some footpedals at the last minute prior to the show. My god, imagine how huge a neccessity that must be!

Actually, they borrowed my band's gear for that show. Last minute thing too. We lent them our amps and effects. I was using a GT-6 at the time. Peter used my rig, Mikael used my other guitarists.

Katatonia did the same thing.

That was a great show.