"No audio output device is installed"

You can't open your volume mixer because there's no sound device installed.

Update the drivers for your soundcard.

Yeah, all my calls the last couple days have been resolved by the employee as they were talking to me. Besides the weird firewall issue we had yesterday. It pooped itself.

yeah that happens to me frequently, computers seem to fix them selves when i get within 5 feet of them, moms laptop keyboard was messed up yesterday and kep spacing and typing random characters, so i go over and it works perfectly...

So, fellow IT people, I wonder if maybe any of you can shed light on an issue we're having at work.

Background info: The Zombie Jesus Clinic that I work for has doctors that VPN into the network from home. All employees use Terminal Services to remote into a server that has the Electronic Medical Records program on it. So when the doctors are home, they VPN into the network, then use Remote Desktop to get to the EMR.

Problem: Over the past weekend all the doctors weren't able to access the RDP. It seemed like they successfully accessed the network through VPN. When attempting to remote into the terminal server they got a really vague message to the effect of (paraphrasing) "Unable to make the Remote Desktop Connection, please contact your Network Administrator". Monday morning we power cycled the router and firewall and that fixed the problem. For a time. The next day one of the doctors was having the exact same problem so we did a power cycle again, however we can't keep doing that.

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

every time my remote connection says that it's because of a firewall somewhere, mostly on their computer. i can't imagine why cycling the firewall wouldn't fix that though.

We didn't wait to see if the problem would effect more people the second time. It was a preemptive strike when we cycled it that time. If the pattern continues, I expect that the on-call tech (fortunately not me) will be getting calls from frustrated doctors later tonight.