No classes + boredom = mic'ing up 2x12(?)

You bitch Kev :lol: And James, yeah, that's the cab's doing unfortunately - oh well, I'm happy I got it as good as I did!

I like it very much, agree with the shred about it being slightly grainy, and I think it is possibly a bit mid heavy. Overall though its very nice, and I liked the riffs a lot :)

Joe

I´m not the one for specific and detailed technically feedback..

I think I'll make that my sig, as that pretty much describes my random posts here. :)

I like the sound, very much so. I would be jizzing my pants if I could achieve something as good as that. :)

Thanks man! And Zakky, badass dude, glad you were inspired! :headbang: Do I hear two solo lines in certain parts?

After some experimentation, I discovered that the frequency that was offending me with the "cloudy" sound was the somewhat obscure 1.2k - original link is updated with a link to a zip file containing two mp3's; the original and then one with a narrow 4 dB cut at 1.2k; I'm pretty proud of my frequency-sleuth work in discovering that nasty spot! :D

Anyone? I know people rarely listen to updates (guilty here :D), but maybe some new listeners/commenters?

It both sounds very, very good...the differences are very small, but hearable..(propably not for someone wo is not into recording guitars) You are an amp recording perfectionist, and that´s good. Improvement done!

I think the clip with eq sounds best. Great tone! I think you should seriously ditch that Stilleto cab and continue with the 2x12. It lacks the woolyness or excess of bass I generally do not like about Mesa cabs.

Thanks a lot Felix! When it comes to anything else (especially drums :erk: ), I'm not too experienced, but if there's one thing I obsess over, it's guitar tones! Pete, much appreciated dude :D Michele, yeah, I'm pretty surprised with what I could get out of this cab, so maybe the Savage head isn't for you (but I'd still get a new cab first! ;)) Oh, but I'm home from school for the week (and left my 2x12 there), so I only have access to my Stiletto until next Monday :erk: And Mr. L, yeah, the Stiletto has been for sale for 2 months, I just gotta find a farkin' buyer! :mad: However, I fully expect the Recto cab I'm gonna replace it with to DESTROY this 2x12 :heh:

Thanks a lot Felix! When it comes to anything else (especially drums ), I'm not too experienced, but if there's one thing I obsess over, it's guitar tones!

You´re welcome! Specialization often goes hand in hand with quality! You are the best example for it, dude :) After you will have reached all important and (for you) satisfactory sience/knowledge about guitar recording, what will be the next challenge for you? I think, it´s better to make something with quality instead of semi-pseud knowledge. You are on a great way and your amp sounds are high class engineer niveau IMO.