No more Sanctuary in the USA

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Source: Sanctuary To Close U.S. Operation
April 04, 2007

By Chris M. Walsh, N.Y.

British independent music company Sanctuary Group Plc will shut down its U.S. label this summer, according to a source within the company.

U.K. execs arrived in New York last Thursday (March 29) and alerted staffers the operation would be closing June 30. The company will remain a front-line label in the U.K. with catalog, licensing and an online presence.

As previously reported, the ailing firm had admitted in November 2006 that it was looking to sell parts of its business, including its stake in the independent Rough Trade label.

As recently as last month, the company reported it was "making good progress" with its program of strategic disposals, and planned to realign its recorded product operations in the United States.

The U.S. label is home to artists such as Morrissey, Widespread Panic, Motorhead, Jonny Greenwood, Idlewild and Dolores O'Riordan.

Fuck, that means that Sanctuary music artists will be more difficult to get "domestic" (which is my main source).

a few more dollars for the import,

You forgot that for me those few dollars represent enough impact in my wallet since I don't earn dollars but a devaluated currency which each day looses value against the dollar :erk:

More and more purchasing albums will be a difficulty for me, I'll have to reduce strictly to must be albums, less hauling, etc.

Economy does not look brighter for me in the near future anyway, and those few dollars are going to signify a lot in my budget :ill:

You forgot that for me those few dollars represent enough impact in my wallet since I don't earn dollars but a devaluated currency which each day looses value against the dollar :erk:

More and more purchasing albums will be a difficulty for me, I'll have to reduce strictly to must be albums, less hauling, etc.

Economy does not look brighter for me in the near future anyway, and those few dollars are going to signify a lot in my budget :ill:

yah whats up with that .. the devaluing? ... :erk: I remember when the Colon was in the 200 or 300 range... someday it will go down perhaps... anyways if you ever want to buy used CDs here and want me to mail them to you... let me know... i'll tally up the prices for you...

yah whats up with that .. the devaluing? ... :erk: I remember when the Colon was in the 200 or 300 range... someday it will go down perhaps... anyways if you ever want to buy used CDs here and want me to mail them to you... let me know... i'll tally up the prices for you...

Thanks Larry, you're a true mate. But I still can pay for my vice for the time being :lol:

Now the exchange is ranging ~520 to the dollar, is quite stable, but the income and acquisition power had diminished greatly. I'm supposedly "well paid" and my annual income is < $15000. This ain't good ol' USA ladies and gents, welcome to the third world.:cry:

Now the exchange is ranging ~520 to the dollar, is quite stable, but the income and acquisition power had diminished greatly. I'm supposedly "well paid" and my annual income is < $15000. This ain't good ol' USA ladies and gents, welcome to the third world.:cry:

Yeah, I forgot about your particular situation, Wyv. Little changes like this affect you much more than us Americans. If anybody should be downloading for keeps, it should be people in third world ccountries. Too bad you're addicted to cds, my friend. :D