Nocturnal Emissions

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
Ye fuggin perverts just got click baited. Anyone find this fine piece of Greco Roman Black Magic as serenity to one's ears? Disclaimer: It starts out slow and textbook, but gradually builds to some top shelf two fingers over the rocks methulllllll. Yes, another toaster leave-in for all (two) of you to enjoy. Havent heard much ruckus over it, been out half a dozen years, sounds like it was recorded in the 90s. Get on it, and stop having perverted dreams.

:headbang:

all of these guys' cover artworks stem from the same photo shoot. Way to cut costs.

a1774006074_16.jpg

a2348341531_16.jpg

(I think) he made the armour himself so there's bonus points for that
I got three albums at once by these fellers way back when and got overwhelmed and never quite managed to get into it, guess I should try again

like Mike, I have 3 or 4 of their albums and it's never quite hit me as hard as other Greek bm bands.

(I think) he made the armour himself so there's bonus points for that
I got three albums at once by these fellers way back when and got overwhelmed and never quite managed to get into it, guess I should try again

Aye, this band are the same cats behind the wondrous Kyrck Productions. I believe they sell armor on the site as well. These dudes are living their best blacksmith lives.

Had multiple sultry dreams this week. Has anyone ever plowed in their respite de nocturne? Im almost convinced this is impossible to achieve. Its akin to falling off a cliff, you ALWAYS roust before greeting the beyond.

i reckon nocternity is what happens when someone who is a little bit TOO into 90s black metal starts a band

guy clearly knows what he's doing and understands the aesthetic he's going for very well but in the end it's just not really happening

maybe when you overanalyze music that you have a great reverence for and attempt to emulate it instead of just playing from your angry teenage heart, it turns out fine, but not exciting

see also: evilfeast, vargrav, and other aestheticore bands

Reactions: MFJ
I don't even know what any of that means. [/doriangray]
after the startling revelation that jerry types all this stuff on a phone i can't help but read all his posts with the mental image of a hunched-over grown-ass man tippy-tapping away on a little glass rectangle, squinting at the screen, fighting autocorrect every step of the way; "fucking SHIT i said respite de nocturne!!! GOD DAMN IT GOOGLE"

Evilfeast has some genuinely uplifting moments to these ears (+ they're Ken-approved) but Vargrav, yeah, skilled copyists. The atmosphere ceases to operate the second you hit stop.

I mean I'm pretty sure it's not just a case of discovering Vargrav 25 years after the "original", the songs themselves are lacking in invisible ways. Some albums should click but don't. Brain be like that.

Reactions: einride
i don't mean that i dislike evilfeast or nocternity, only that you can hear how calculated it is (a trait they share with like 90% of modern bm to various degrees tbqfh)

he's saying you like Evilfeast. duh

Evilfeast is really good stuff. One of the few newer bm bands I like to stop what Im doing and listen. Dumb name, but yeah. At least its not Aryan Art or whatever

HEAViLY LAUDED in many best ofs. The narrow thinking Akhlys exhibits a daunting measure filled with compromise. For how can one offer purity of expression, if it stays in a static state? They bend like a spoon lit by a junkie's lighter to create a sonic soundscape reminiscent of an underbelly village in Vegas Norte. But this isnt the howls of Jenni Lee in Westcoast Gangbangs, no sir this is adulterated to an audiogenic abv > than .08. Press play and feel the intoxicating melodies of bm thundah. A respite de nocturne que tu no puedes a comprender.