Noise and hearing loss

They are, but consider the fact that you can't go out and buy a new set of ears or cure your tinnitus (2yrs 4mths of noise and counting for me) it's a small price to pay.

I don't wanted to say it's too expensive, just wanted too know if we're talking about the same ones :)

BBllllecccchhh I only just noticed it was hairy, I always thought it was an egg! (in the literal sense)

I've played a LOT of live gigs, and sad to say I did damage. Some days are better than others, but the problem is with me for life. I needed to protect my hearing at every opportunity, and I didn't. And I did damage, plain and simple.

Weird, I replied to this and it never showed up... :S

I'm lucky that my brother-in-law makes moulded ear plugs for a living (and his parents own the company), so I get them for free. Shame my sister didn't meet him a few years earlier though - my ears definitely aren't 100%, though I don't have tinnitus.

If you're in the UK, go see your GP and they'll be able to get moulds made for you (or point you in the right direction) - and if you tell them you work as an audio engineer etc. you should get them half price too.

Steve

I've got a little ringing in my ear too at night when its quiet....i have to have my computer on so i can go to sleep.

This is the EXACT reason I just ordered electronic drums......I so can turn that shit down to a respectable level.:)

I've got a tiny bit at night when things are dead silent, but it's by no means debilitating or obnoxious.

I wear earplugs to every practice, concert, recording session, etc... that I go to.

That said, I'm only 17, and I've been going to shows/rehearsals for the past 4 years. With such an early start, I'm bound to have tinnitus, I think :(.