Noise

If you can find it, get Namanax-Resonance Cascade. It was on one of the "Release Your Mind" compilations. 20 minute single track of awesome pulsing noise.
Also check out Maldoror, It's the guy who is essentially Merzbow and Mike Patton at his weirdest.

I still need to hear Namanax...

Maldoror is honestly pretty crappy compared to Merzbow's better works. Almost none of Masami's collaborative efforts are really worth anything; he was much better solo and operating with both analog and digital sources.

What would Wolf Eyes be considered? I've heard people call them noise, but I don't think the title really fits.

Also, Black Dice is an interesting noise group that started as a harsh thrash metal band. They are on Paw Tracks which is owned by the noise pop group Animal Collective.

I still need to hear Namanax...

Maldoror is honestly pretty crappy compared to Merzbow's better works. Almost none of Masami's collaborative efforts are really worth anything; he was much better solo and operating with both analog and digital sources.

I dunno, I enjoyed Maldoror quite a bit. I think it was due to the fact that it wasn't quite as...serious as most of the Merzbow stuff. More lighthearted, more accessable, I guess.
But, to each their own.

noise - Nadja, The angelic proces..
dark ambient - northaunt, nordvargr, Kerovnian, david lynch's new...
Also, the new vinterriket is stellar.

Sissy Spacek-Devils Cone and Palm is my favorite noise album atm.
c.c.c.c.,Nkondi,Incapacitants are quality.
Prurient is good once in a while.