Nokturnal MortEm - The Taste of Victory (song)

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
holy balls! that song fucking smokes! i don't dig Goat Horns or the rest of this EP very much, but that song is really fucking good and enough to make me reopen to the door to this band.

so is there anywhere i can go? or are they destined to be a "they have one great song and lots of poop" band for me?

cheers.

i like what i've heard of Graveland.

and i don't dislike black metal, i'm just sorta done with collecting anything from that genre that is same old same old, regardless of how high the quality may be.

Well, if he doesn't like the rest of the ToV EP, then what hope is there for him liking "Weltanschaung"? He should just quit while he's ahead.

With that said, the title track is probably one of the greatest tracks ever, and that's the opener on the EP, so double what I said about him quitting while he's ahead. :loco:

there's something decidedly un-epic about that title..."well, we tasted victory at first when we surprised them, but then the rest of them showed up..."

Ukranian version of the new one >>>>> the English one

I'm not a big fan of their lyrics (but that has nothing to do with their beliefs).

I only listen to Mirovozzrenie about once every other week, but I constantly have those folky riffs from the album like the one in the title track stuck in my head, NO THANKS TO THIS THREAD EVEN

it's just that freakin' catchy

I still don't really know how to rank the album this year. I mean, the bulk of its goodness comes out of the EP so you can't really count that because ToV came out in 2004.

With that said, I didn't include the EP in my top 10 list last year (unlike Erik) so it's not like I'll be double counting, and I don't want to penalize the EP just because of all the filler that sits around it on the full-length.

Top 10 Lists: such a sweet, sweet science... :tickled: :loco: