Non-metal music stuffs (recommendations)

Pineapple Thief
Porcupine Tree
The Shins
The Smiths
The Girlfriend Experience
Steely Dan
Miles davis
Eric Clapton

Listen to Squarepusher for bass guitar driven techno-ish music.

Pendulum for drum'n'bass.

And listen to Rush because Rush is Rush.

The Rasmus. Listen to their early stuff when you feel like dancing, and their latest stuff when you feel like being depressed :lol: I totally love them

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends what other music he/she (;S) wants to get into..
Forty Foot Echo?
Black Rebel Motorcycle club?

iunno.. :S

Dunno what are you exactly looking for, but my recomendations: The Corrs/The Cranberries (if you like ones, you'll like the others), Dire Straits as Nick said, folk music (I particularly dig irish folk, dunno why but I like it), Paco De Lucia (ok that can almost be guitarwanking, but classical guitarwanking is different from metal guitarwanking IMO), Garth Brooks, ...

That's quite a weird list, but I just lurked through my media library and gave you the ones I have in there.

Totally weird and catchy....I dig it, even though they are hideously ugly. What album(s) should I check out?

Well they only did a demo, an album that I never heard that was limited to 500 copies, another album and an EP. So I reccommend the only album they did that you can find, even on the net: Who Will Cut Our Hair When We're Gone?

Black Stone Cherry
(hard southern rock)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmr8D3JBsvg&feature=related[/ame]

Nine Inch Nails
(best industrial band IMO)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rqs88oCYznI&feature=related[/ame]

The Prodigy
(techno and big beat)

Bloc Party

Are you interested in classical music too? Go for Vivaldi violin concertos, or Beethoven's symphonies or the Magic Flute by Mozart.
Some german rock:
Die Toten Hosen (they did my personal favourite accoustic and unplugged album.)

Böhse Onkelz
Queen
Gun's Roses
Sentenced
Movie Soundtracks like Pirates of the Carribean, The Piano, Schindler's list, LOTR or Braveheart
Cream
Good old Beatles, Bee Gees
Bon Jovi
Bryan Adams
Aerosmith
Pink Floyd

Flogging Molly (Irish folk)

Okay...maybe I should've limited it to music within the last 5 years. I love classical, and classic rock, etc....and I have plenty in my collection.

PENDULUM

trust me they rule

Although that is a "what the fuuuuck?" video.