Non-metal music stuffs (recommendations)

Already heard that song but I had no idea it was Pendulum. That video rocked.

Another WTF video:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lately I've been checking out some European pop. Actually those just happen to be on at some of the shops I've visited down the shore, and I'm not familar with the artists, but it was pretty nice.

Really? Which bands/songs/whatever do you listen to? I'm mostly into typical folk (those songs that noone knows who's the author, :lol:) and then the almigthy The Dubliners. I recently bought a Best Of from them, it's quite cool.

:lol: There's nothing better than The Dubliners when you go to the pub to get drunk ! there're good.

I like bands like The Corrs. I listen to Loreena McKennitt, she has an amazing voice and is a great musician. Some Enya songs. And one of my favourite musicians are The Chieftains.

Oh and Dred I'm sure you'd like The Atomic Fireballs:

[ame]http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=m16bLjEtp1M[/ame]

[ame]http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=q462InbszU4&feature=related[/ame]

Well at least I know I do :D I've always been a big Swing-song fan, but because its hard to actually find a full band that did catchy ones I've never been a fan of any band except this one.

:lol: There's nothing better than The Dubliners when you go to the pub to get drunk ! there're good.

I like bands like The Corrs. I listen to Loreena McKennitt, she has an amazing voice and is a great musician. Some Enya songs. And one of my favourite musicians are The Chieftains.

:kickass::kickass::kickass: The Dubliners are the best music for beeing drunk IMO too, :lol: One of the best evenings of my life was in Dublin in the Temple Bar in a weird green pub that were having like a ''The Dubliners night'' or whatever but they had live music and then all the music that would go through the sound system would be them, and it was just so funny to get drunk in there with that music and all the local folks. Man I thought I was a hard drinker, but I met a guy that had 11 pints on empty stomach :lol:

And hell yes The Chieftains are fucking great! I've been listening to them all my life because my dad likes them and they used to be the most popular tape in the car for long trips, :lol:

^ :lol: Going to an Irish pub in Dublin listening to The Dubliners all night and getting drunk, you couldn't have done better there ! :lol:
I'll be in Dublin tomorrow but only for one night at a hotel near the airport, I wish my friends will want to move to the city, at least for ONE beer in an Irish pub :lol:

:worship:notworthy:worship:notworthy:worship:notworthy

EDIT : no seriously dude, I fucking love you.
:kickass:

Between that and /mu/ I've downloaded 20 albums in the last 24 hours by 20 new artists that I absolutely love.

If you like folk, check out The Tallest Man on Earth.

*goes back into hiding from the RIAA*

I know of some decent electronic music...

Digitalism
Infected Mushroom (awesome live electronic band)
Daft Punk
Chemical Brothers
Aphex twin

I know this is supposed to be a non-metal thread but...

Galneryus is a good power metal band from Japan...have you heard them?

edit: I don't know why embeding isn't working for me :erk:

Last edited by a moderator:
Concerning electronical music, the real highlight is Aphex Twin. Seems like this guy is the beginning to anything else : his sound is just the discovery of new colors, from his early 90's compositions to his most recent works. Then come Autechre and Squarepusher, completing what is called the "Warp Trinity" (all 3 are signed at Warp Records). After that, artists like Bola, Boards Of Canada, Arovane, Air, and Parov Stelar manage to put a lot of emotion, sensibility and feeling in their music. In terms of groove and intensity, Daft Punk have been a model for the french scene during years; nowadays, artists as Justice, Kavinsky and SebastiAn are considered as their most impressive heritage (even if SebastiAn plays a hard, violent and cut music, keeping this intensity though). Then, in the end, Murcof, Vladislav Delay and Monolake, as exemple, play some dark ambient minimalist music, really obscure and often melancholic.