Nonmetal good bands?

TheFarter

Born To Break Wind
Feb 4, 2002
Visit site
When you are not listening to metal, what do you listen to?

The Farter's NonMetal List Of Good Bands:
King's X
Poundhound
U2
Alice In Chains
Galactic Cowboys
Dream Theater
Rush

Please Join:
T.F.F.C. (The Farter's Fan Club)

The Hunger

They are a great band from Houson, Texas. Their sound is very unique and they are a great band live. They mix techno elements like keyboards, synths, and a few samples with live instruments. They almost don't fit in this post because they are a very rocking band, but I wouldn't classify them as specifically metal. Check their website. There are MP3 samples and rare songs posted on the site.

The Hunger
http://www.thehungeronline.com

Tenacious D
U2
Lenny Kravitz
Buckcherry
the Vanilla Sky soundtrack kicks ass
Beatles
Paul Oakenfold
Hendrix
Madonna
Jeff Buckley
Frank Sinatra
Moby
Depeche Mode

Kings X is great! Did you know that is one of Scott Ian's favorite's. A couple of my friends have told me he hangs out on the Kings X message board, but I haven't confirmed that. Here's my other musical favorite's.

Billy Joel- Anything except "Storm front"
Ice Cube-Anything
Dr. Dre- cronic 1 or cronic 2
FishBone- "The reality of my surroundings"
Led Zepplin-Anything
The Doors-Anything
Kings X-Anything
Beastie Boys-"Check your head"

Honestly, I'll listen to most anything! Except that crappy pop candy bulls#*t!

Peace, Love, and Chicken Grease!

PINK FLOYD (GOOD TO GET DRUNK TO DARK SIDE O THE MOON)
DR.DRE
ICECUBE
CYPRESS HILL (TROUBLE KIX ASS!)
OLD country, like, down in the west texas town of elpaso shit
A I C
AND A GEM OF A RAP METAL BAND FROM GA THAT NOONE KNOWS CALLED KNUT....five black guys from marrietta all playing guitars drums and bass w/ a rapping lead singer....put out 1 demo w/ 14 songs and then disbanded.
R.I.P. KNUT:cry:

these are mine: pearl jam, the cranberries, alice in chains (it IS metal I suppose), smashing pumpkins... anthrax still the best, peace out

i mostly listen to metal but when im not alice in chains or pearl jam is usually the pick :) stp,godsmack,and good ol classick rock

yeah dream theater is Metal I used to think it was progressive rock but I listened to some of that stuff and it was nothing like progressive metal.
J-Tull
Alice In Chains
Hunger
Cult
Liquid Tension Experiment
GC5
Type O
Apocalyptica (they make Metallica cool!)
-Jono-

Classical Music

Beastie Boys

Old Run DMC

Crash Test Dummies

Ramones

Minor Threat

Dead Kennedys

DAMN IT ALL! I forgot about TYPE O - ! Their cover of Summer Breeze is the bizomb baby! yeaaaahhh boyyyyyyyy! Got to reprezent for my former goth self...Type o will always rule....LOVE YOU TO DEATH is such an erotic and heavy song....works on the ladies. To quote THE LADIES MAN, LEON PHELPS "Yeah, that song got me and my wang lots of skanks and other non skanky skanks, yeah.":lol: