Nonmetal good bands?

well after Metal I pretty much stick to rock n' roll and Hard rock...
for it's:
Rainbow
Deep Purple
Led Zeppelin
The Doors
Jimi Hendrix
Pink Floyd
Ted Nugent
Uriah Heep

and the new non metal bands I listen to would be Transastlantic and such...

JONO...GOTH WAS IN A REALLY DARK PERIOD O MY LIFE..HAVIN' A KID CAN CHANGE A PERSON.....AND THE THUG SPEAK WORKS BETTER WHEN YOU CAN ACTUALLY HEAR ME TALK( I GOTS A SOUTHERN DRAWL...BUT I AINT NO FUCKIN REDNECK!)
ON TO THE BANDS. THESE GUYS ARE METAL BUT WHO GIVES A SHIT
1 SEVENDUST (WAFFLE! LEGGO MY..AHH FORGET IT.)
2 FOUL STENCH
3 VALVE
4 MOTORHEAD (NO NOT FOR HHH'S THEME SONG EITHER.)
5 KITTIE (ORACLE ALBUM ROCKS...SHE'S ALL I EVER WANTED...)
:D
6 WHITE ZOMBIE
7 AC/DC
8 JACKYL ( I'M THE LUMBERJACK BABY!)
9 CANNIBAL CORPSE
10 BIOHAZARD
11 ENTOMBED
12 DANZIG
13 MISFITS
14 SAMHAIN
15 C.O.C
16 IRON MAIDEN
17 DEF LEPPARD (I KNOW...SHUT UP)
18 ALICE COOPER
NOT IN PARTICULAR ORDER....MORE TO COME LATER..BRAIN FROZE
:headbang:

HAHAHA Greg, love them drawls.

But I'll damn near wet myself for a NY accent...makes me wish I was back home.

I used to be goth too, but it was more to unnerve everyone around me (worked very well too), so I left it right around the time I moved to AZ. Took some transition. I was metal before and went back to metal after. Thug never did a damn thing for me. And I agree, the kid DEFINITELY changes you.

Speaking of kids, it's nap time. WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!

I did the same...metal, goth, back to metal. But I never went thug..it's just my way of gettin a laugh out of ppl. I'm not tryin' to be like Tommy Lee or nuthin". lol now, I can do New York too, check it out " WHATCHUDOIN?" or "GETOUTTAHERE". One of the collest 'thrax shirts i've seen in a while was the NYC '81-'01 they had at the show....still had to get ''BEE LINE ACROSS AMERICA" '00 tour shirt though. GREGTHRAX: REPRESENTIN' FER ALL THE REDNECK PUNKS OUT THERE. YIPPY KI-YAY MOTHERFUCKERZ.

Me First and the Gimme Gimmes is one of my most favorite bands. They only do covers, but they play them as punk versions. Their first album, Have a Ball, was songs from the 70s. Are a Drag had show tunes, and Blow in the Wind had songs from the 60s. They also have a ton of b-sides that you can get off of Audiogalaxy.

also:
Billy Joel
London Symphony Orchestra
some Paul Simon
Ramones

I won't bother with rock bands that are close to metal.

When I'm in the mood for something "mellow" I'll grab Finger Eleven. No pun intended. :p A little Genesis/Phil Collins never hurt anyone either.

Coop

There is only one album you must ever possess that will truly relax you and send you into a slight coma. DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
Remember, "There is no dark side of the moon, as a matter of fact, it's all dark.":zzz: See how mellow that shit makes me?

H:eek: ly Shit!

I just wanted to do that one.

I'm pretty calm all the time, this place just gets me all crazy and shit. I mean I used to be schizophrenic, but we're o.k. now!

SHOW US THE HORNS!:headbang:

I'm glad you're both (or is there more?) okay.

Yeah, this place will do that to you.

If you guys only knew what a cool mommy I am the rest of the time.

I got my kid hooked on Anthrax so I can use the Killer's A's DVD to offset the stack of Elmo. It RULES.

:cool:

Way to many to list but I will give a few.
Mighty Mighty Bosstones
U2
Green Day
Misfits
Type O
The Police/Sting
Beatles
Johnny Cash
Pearl Jam
Offspring
Beasties
Rammstein