nOOb guitar question

tides

Jun 30, 2009
BE
www.myspace.com
Obviously a nOOb question, but please help me out.

When recording a guitar track, I usually record 2 tracks per guitar/riff. For a simple rhythm riff for instance, I just record two separate tracks of the same riff (played twice). When played well, these tracks overlap and produce a full sounding rhythm track. My question is; for the best result, do you leave these two tracks separately, or blend them together in a single track?

BTW, I'm using Cubase LE4

quadtrack! its the only way to go these days. double leads also. i like having two tracks with slightly less gain towards the center at a lower volume

Would it be smart to quadtrack and still pan 100 R - 100 L but 2 tracks being at lower dB? I like bands that have both of their guitars sounding separately (as in when there is a harmonized riff and you can hard pan to hear what one guitar is playing and pan the opposite way to heard what the other is doing)

Would it be smart to quadtrack and still pan 100 R - 100 L but 2 tracks being at lower dB? I like bands that have both of their guitars sounding separately (as in when there is a harmonized riff and you can hard pan to hear what one guitar is playing and pan the opposite way to heard what the other is doing)
anyone?