North America Setlist

Iv had this idea for a while. In Flames & Dark Tranquillity should team up for a co-headlining tour but play only tracks off the earlier albums. They could even swap vocalists for a few tracks (from Lunar Strain & Skydancer). How great would that be?

From dark tranquillity board:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/dark-tranquillity/370253-petition-flames-dt-nostalgia-tour.html

From Niklas S.:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...n-flames-dt-nostalgia-tour-2.html#post7251409

I saw them at the first show on the tour in Montreal and it was amazing. I have seen them 4 times but this one is probably the best one I saw. The setlist was great, the attitude was great too.
I hope people will eventually accept that a band plays their own music and not the ones ine the heads of all the little metal fans. You can never be fully satisfied cause your not the one playing it and lots of the people complaining about the new stuff and that the old stuff was much better probably did not even know In Flames when they released albums like Colony, The jester race etc. So of course, you could not judge the album compared to the last one when it came out....what I'm trying to say is that I have the feeling that metalhead (Of course I listen to a lot of metal and already acted like this) like to bash on metal bands that actually make it somewhere! Like if its noot ok that the NON metalheads start liking it and if they do, well the band is sellout or simply fucking bad. I'm not bringing back the extremely old debate about In Flames (I've been hearing about it for so many years, it has lost all its credibility) but simply on the mentality that seems to go with young metalheads.
It would be cool to have your opinions on the matter!
Thanks

Haha that went on and on. And it's nothing new being said. But I agree, and I've been hearing lots of good things about this tour. I'm so excited to see it tonight!

I can guarantee that Zombie Inc got a shit response, hence why it's missing from the setlist (which is a fucking disgrace, because it's their best song). Such a shame, but I hope they play it when I see them in Feb.

At least they're still playing Satellites and Astronauts, The Hive and Dear God In Me/The Jester Race/Behind Space.

I'd expect Zombie Inc. to get a shit response. Not that it's a bad song, it's one of my favorites, but they have a new fan base, kids, and these kids don't know a Zombie Inc from a Biosphere. I saw IF back in 06 with Devildriver and Trivium, and half the people in the crowd had no idea what was going on when they played Moonshield.

I'd expect Zombie Inc. to get a shit response. Not that it's a bad song, it's one of my favorites, but they have a new fan base, kids, and these kids don't know a Zombie Inc from a Biosphere. I saw IF back in 06 with Devildriver and Trivium, and half the people in the crowd had no idea what was going on when they played Moonshield.

I saw Soilwork in Australia earlier this year, and I was talkin to a chick while waiting to get in, she had an inflames shirt on but looked like an emo, turns out she does not like the old inflames, and only has re-route to remain and up, and apparently soundtrack is their best album.

I am seeing In Flames next feb in Sydney, they are touring on a festival we have here every year (Not the Big Day Out), if this set list is the same as the one listed I just might not see them. I saw them last in 04, they kicked ass, but toooo much soundtrack material.

Which sucks they only come down here, I think this would be their third time? They have some catching up to bloody do!

Alright, I saw the show last night and that was the exact setlist that they used.
The show was...AMAZING. Wow, fifty times better than when I saw them on the Gigantour. The whole show was great. 36 Crazyfists had lots of energy and really pumped up the crowd. They had a nice wall of death as well :D. Many people didn't like the music but still had a good time. Then Gojira took the stage and frickin killed it. I was SO impressed! I didn't expect much, because imho their music is extremely repetative and dull. But they put on a great show and just their stage presence made them good. I still don't like the music, but I respect them.
All That Remains was very good too. The sound EQ they used wasn't very good, but they were all over the stage (in a good way) and Labonte never missed a beat. The Solos were all nailed too. They played Before the Damned, Not Alone, The Air that I Breathe, Undone, The Weak Willed, This Darkened Heart, Chiron, Two Weeks, Six, and This calling. (The first and last song are in order, the rest may be a bit off...I think I might be missing a song too)
And In Flames was awesome. Anyone who has been questioning Anders, see a show on this tour. His voice was spot-on. They had good presence, and technically-speaking, it sounded almost just like the album. The crowd was outstanding too. Almost the whole floor went wacko on Take This Life. Everyone was singing, and Anders aknowledged us many times. All That Remains also seemed like they really liked the crowd as well. The two highlights of the night for me were when they played Satellites and Astronauts and Delight and Angers. D&A just because the crowd went insane, and they killed the song, and seemed to be very into it. We got about 2/3 of both Dead God in Me and Jester Race, but no Behind Space. And I could tell the band wasn't impressed. That seemed like the low point in the concert. No energy, the crowd went dead. It's just not going to work for them to play their old songs if they want to impress the wide public, as well as feel like they put on a good show.
Overall, this is one of the greatest concerts I've been too. If you're thinking about going to this tour, DO and be very excited. It kicks ass.

Satellites And Astronauts is finally getting the love it deserves.

Best fucking power ballad ever.

dude, morphing is fucking awesome. they just need to play all their old shit. fuck anything after clayman.

I'd think Reroute songs would be nice, like some obscure Reroute songs, but I'd like for some old shit to shine through.

Like I rather listen to an ass burping than ASOP songs live.
The only ASOP song I can stand right now is The Mirror's Truth.

holy fuck thats embarassing, people going dead during the old stuff and going apeshit to the new rock bullshit that they don't even play most of the time? when i saw them i remember one huge chunk of one song was literally a backingtrack. i was really going to go because i love the hive, zombie inc and colony but if they took those out for good i think i'm going to have to skip this, i can't believe in flames would completely turn their back on the old fans because the new fans don't get it, thats just embarassing.

so Nikki, your signature from right to left is:
Insomnium, Scar Symmetry, Into Eternity, In Flames, Dark Tranquillity and Children of Bodom? sorry, its been bugging me for a while and some of the pictures aren't too clear

so Nikki, your signature from right to left is:
Insomnium, Scar Symmetry, Into Eternity, In Flames, Dark Tranquillity and Children of Bodom? sorry, its been bugging me for a while and some of the pictures aren't too clear

yup. The Insomnium one is from the Mortal Share video, and the Into Eternity one is from the Timeless Winter video, that's why they don't look too clear

yup. The Insomnium one is from the Mortal Share video, and the Into Eternity one is from the Timeless Winter video, that's why they don't look too clear

im a die hard Insomnium fan so i recognized it right away. i'm a large into eternity fan as well, but it took me forever to figure out that picture. ANYWAYS, now we can get back on topic.

I think cutting out Zombie Inc. is a huge fucking mistake. They're playing like 4 or 5 new tracks, I don't see why they can't take one of those out. And I don't mind tracks from R2R-CC but they always play the same handful from each album. They should switch it up with other tracks from those albums. Like at the Vancouver Gigantour show this year, they played Transparent instead of Trigger which was nice.

im a die hard Insomnium fan so i recognized it right away. i'm a large into eternity fan as well, but it took me forever to figure out that picture. ANYWAYS, now we can get back on topic.

I think cutting out Zombie Inc. is a huge fucking mistake. They're playing like 4 or 5 new tracks, I don't see why they can't take one of those out. And I don't mind tracks from R2R-CC but they always play the same handful from each album. They should switch it up with other tracks from those albums. Like at the Vancouver Gigantour show this year, they played Transparent instead of Trigger which was nice.

At the Philly offdate, we were supposed to get Embody the Invisible(promised, then heard it during the soundcheck), but the venue was late setting up(as always), so ETI was cut out.

They also did Transparent and we got Jotun also.