North American tour 06

Darktran

I'm miles and miles away
Oct 29, 2005
Terrebonne, Qc, Canada
Just read this on Dark Tranquillity homepage...:worship:

New year, new adventures - Jan 02, 2006

Another year has ended, so it's time for some kind of wrap-up. 2005 has by far been the most hectic year in our history, with nearly 100 shows played in almost every corner of the world. Even though we're worn out and dirt poor, with livers screaming for mercy, we'll soldier on with more touring. The next installment of the "Character" crusade will be a five-week US trip as main support to OPETH, starting in mid-February. Watch this space for details

http://www.darktranquillity.com/realindex.html

Edit
-------
Just see that on blabbermouth

So, we can expect this line-up :
3 - THE DEVIN TOWNSEND BAND
2 - DARK TRANQUILLITY
1 - O P E T H

See ya on tour ! :headbang:

Ouch, kinda got my hopes up. I already knew of the US tour, but when you said "North American" all I could think was "Opeth in Canada!" but I was let down. "Cuz when you take it as serious as we do, izliek'a punch in yo face."

Is the devin townsend band like strapping young lad? because if it is....bleh

Sorry, i just never really got into SYL

Forest-of-October said:
Ouch, kinda got my hopes up. I already knew of the US tour, but when you said "North American" all I could think was "Opeth in Canada!" but I was let down. "Cuz when you take it as serious as we do, izliek'a punch in yo face."
In MTL Mike said they were comming back to Montreal. So I'll take his word for it.

Mike said they would be coming back to Canada in February. Maybe a small sectino of the tour will be in Canada while the majority of the dates will be in the US? Anyways, this is cool. Ive always wanted to see Dark Tranquillity, I missed my chance to see them with Hypocrisy. :(

Goober said:

Nah, The Devin Townsend band is much more progressive than SYL. Think less anger, more experimental kind of stuff. You should really give them a try.

And if they don't come up to Michigan with this group i'll be sad :(

At least I can make it to Columbus if I have too.

Maggot9 said:
Mike said they would be coming back to Canada in February. Maybe a small sectino of the tour will be in Canada while the majority of the dates will be in the US? Anyways, this is cool. Ive always wanted to see Dark Tranquillity, I missed my chance to see them with Hypocrisy. :(

Yeah. Well from the looks of it Opeth is heading north up to MTL and southern Ontario.

Goober said:

DTB is much, much less heavy and aggressive than SYL. Much more melodic, with less harsh vocals in the main. Very accessible. Should be the main support in my opinion.

Opeth will be in Worcester again, I'm sure. We're lucky we get to see them so often. See you all there !!!