North American tour 06

Alcapoth said:
:headbang: Hell yeah, Opeth are FINALLY going to play in London, Ontario. This is the greatest damn news I have heard about the band, considering I have always wanted them to come here (since it is closest to my hometown - I'm only an hour away, so I'm there for sure.)

Man I'm excited...I'm always excited to see Opeth. I get the same feeling each time I see them because they always deliver. Such an incredible band.

Feb 28th will be my 7th time seeing Opeth now. HOPEFULLY, I will finally be able to meet the band in person.

London is turning into a solid little city, especially since you had the memorial cup last year. You guys will start getting some good acts round there.

A_Thoms said:
Who says they have to play at the Opera House? :p

Really, I'm talking about the market by population. In the greater Toronto area, there's roughly 2 million more people than in the Montreal area. A big show, with that many more people that can be effected by marketting (if there is any, which I would assume) would be a smart move by Roadrunner.

*edit*

Though, Montreal has always been a trendier city than Toronto, so who knows... Maybe we're both right lol
Yeah.. but the fact that toronto has a bigger population, does not necesarily mean that you have more opeth fans.. i mean come on... were montrealers.. everyone in mtl loves opeth.. except the idiots who dont like it because "ooh the growling is stuupid.. isnt that how the devil speaks? its too creepy for me" ..diff quotes ive heard from some friends + ppl i know...

I've just seen that Dark Tranquillity will play on the 27th in Montreal at the Club Soda. Maybe Opeth will do the same thing for their "Chronology" events... The major seated theater in montreal didn't have anything scheduled on the 27th. Let's dream about it...:Smug:

Looks like Opeth's playing in Eugene OR on March 11... I might be going to that. It seems to me that they're playing less populated areas this time (Spokane over Seattle, Eugene over Portland) which is terrific. I've been through Eugene several times but never actually stopped there. I wonder what the metal scene is like? It's a pretty big college town so I guess we'll see. I doubt it will rival Portland, but maybe the venue will be bigger.

Is anyone else going to this show?

Opeth in winnipeg WOOT!!! finally my dream that my city in the middle of canada doesnt get skipped over is actually happening \m/

Darktran said:
I've just seen that Dark Tranquillity will play on the 27th in Montreal at the Club Soda. Maybe Opeth will do the same thing for their "Chronology" events... The major seated theater in montreal didn't have anything scheduled on the 27th. Let's dream about it...:Smug:

Maybe this means Opeth will do an "Evening with..." in MTL (or they might just be taking the night off and letting D.T. do there thing)

Darktran said:
Let's dream.... :erk:

Pave said:
Opeth in winnipeg WOOT!!! finally my dream that my city in the middle of canada doesnt get skipped over is actually happening \m/

Same with Saskatchewan! No one ever fucking comes here, when I heard they were coming my jaw dropped...YAY only 3 hour trip for me

Ugh :( I don't think they're going to play SF
Which means I either go to the LA one (which should be great... Opeth all night, seated venue(?)...) or don't go to a show at all :erk:

It's weird they're skipping Vancouver, Seattle, and Portland on this tour but playing in Spokane and Eugene...

I guess they could possibly play Portland on the 12th, but if anything it'd probably be SanFran I'd think.

I've said it before and i'll say it again. If you see Dark Tranquillity and Opeth in the same gig i officially hate you. It's nothing peronal...just sheer fucking green eyed jelousy.

:ill: I am not ill, i am the green eyed monster of envy.

Meh, I was hoping Opeth would have someone else support. I've seen DT already in NYC and I wasn't impressed with their live show.. oh well.