North American tour 06

Armeanic said:
I'm not scared of Carrot Top, really. I'm a bit more scared of those pubic hairs sticking out.

But anyways, I'm liking the look of this upcoming tour. I just hope they come to Saratoga Winners in Latham again. They packed the place pretty full last time, so I'd assume they would. DT and DT should actually be pretty good show openers too, not as good as Into Eternity and Nevermore, but that's just me.

I won't count on getting an "Evening with Opeth" being that it's such a small venue.
dark tranquillity, pretty good? what? are you kidding me??!?!?!? i hope they come back through san antonio or austin this time around. either way, i'll make a point to go. btw, carrot top is the personification of pure evil and he has many other names.

i feel kind of bad for devildriver as I think most opeth fans would hate em and will boo them. i've never heard of any of their songs so I can't say, but I think that is the reception they got last tour w/ opeth. apprently the bands are good friends though.

:headbang: Hell yeah, Opeth are FINALLY going to play in London, Ontario. This is the greatest damn news I have heard about the band, considering I have always wanted them to come here (since it is closest to my hometown - I'm only an hour away, so I'm there for sure.)

Man I'm excited...I'm always excited to see Opeth. I get the same feeling each time I see them because they always deliver. Such an incredible band.

Feb 28th will be my 7th time seeing Opeth now. HOPEFULLY, I will finally be able to meet the band in person.

The reason the Lupo's show is at 5:30 is because they use the room as a dance club after 10pm. The Opeth show will be over by 9:30pm. It's kinda cool if you live out of town and you're over the age of 30 (like me). See a great show and be home in bed by 11pm. That rocks :)

And to answer the inquiry about the venue in Hartford....The Webster Theater is a really good room. Fairly nice, optimum setup (4ft stage, 30 or so feet of floor, 2-tiered raised bar beyond floor) and decent acoustics. Unfortunately it's in a crappy part of town. If you don't get there early enough to score a parking spot in the lot you'll have no choice but to park on the street in the surrounding sketchy neighborhoods. I've heard many a story about break-ins and car thefts.

Okay, now I'm thoroughly depressed!! Given the latest dates added to the list - it is all but definite that Opeth is not coming to MTL this time around (or anywhere even close to Ottawa where I could see them) I'm shocked - the metal scene in Montreal is HUGE!!!

With this support this might have been one of the best concerts I would ever get to go to.

Alright, it seems that the only possible date that's open for the Albany area is the 22nd, right before the big NYC show. The chances of getting the show are looking slim, I'd figure they'd want a day off before such a show, but even if they didn't, I'm thinking they're going to go to Buffalo instead. Balls.

If anyone's in the boat where they really want to catch the opening bands and your choice comes down to Hartford or Providence, consider the former. It's a really awesome venue. If people congregate outside, the folks from the crack-house literally across the street often come over to peddle their wares. Should you avoid them, then there's some really persistent homeless people who will stalk you until security threatens them . . . then will resume as soon as said security gets distracted by dealers. Besides that, Lupo's is right off of route 95 near several parking lots/garages so it's way too easy.