North Korean Pop Music

TesticleMilkshake

pewpewlazrz
Oct 24, 2010
New York

The song translates directly into English as "Excellent Horse-Like Lady." This video was released in 2005.

Lyrics:
"our factory comrades say in jest,

"why they tell me i am a virgin on a stallion

"after a full day's work i still have energy left

"my skills are truly like lightening they say

"they say i am a virgin on a stallion

"yet again today i was the first to leave for work

"apparently my name was in the paper

"in a xx time

"an award given to youth who live in flight

"the party era is teeming with creation

"a new name they present to youth

"mounting a stallion the dear leader gave me

"all my life i will live to uphold his name

"mounting a stallion my dear leader gave me

"all my life i will live to uphold his name"

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...s-mystery-woman-the-excellent-horse-like-lady

I lol'ed pretty hard. Also, the woman singing is Kim Jong-Un's wife, Ri Sol Ju. Her stage name under the Ponchobo Electric Band is Hyong Son-Wol. Below is a video of her performing for the Lunar New Year.

Last edited by a moderator:
facepalm.jpg

i made it exactly 21 seconds into the first vid, ill consider myself s trooper for that :D

i made it exaclty 10 seconds into the "progressive" rock one

i made it NO seconds into the Death Metal one, i dont think i would be able to stomach it after hearing what their "Progressive Rock" sounds like

edit:: not as bad as i thought it would be (the death metal vid) the production quality kills it though, and is being a horse-like woman a "excellent" thing in North Korea?

facepalm.jpg

i made it exactly 21 seconds into the first vid, ill consider myself s trooper for that :D

I had to keep pausing, because I was laughing so hard. It sounds exactly like the music Japan put out in the eighties. Case in point:

This is from singer Yukiko Okada in 1984. She ended up committing suicide by jumping off her record label's building, I believe.

Here's a bunch of her commercials:

If she is a virgin on a stallion, wouldn't that make her no longer a virgin?

its just the way it translates :rofl: "they say i am a virgin on a stallion""mounting a stallion my dear leader gave me"

koren music is shit, that japanese music is cool but nothing like the 80's hong kong stuff which is GREAT...and no sarcasm, this song fucking ROCKS!!!

sounds like their Versificator is coming up with songs that sound like they are a couple of decades late. the message is still clear, however.