Northern Cold=Classic.

Wenchmaster

Wrath of Amemait
Jan 1, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
This is pure Northern Gold (no pun intended). This song makes me feel absolutely fantastic. Everything from the melodies down to the keyboards and to the somewhat elegant production that can be seen shaping the song so far. Honestly, it's genius. If the rest of the album has tracks along this vein, it will make it all the more worthy.

Whats your guys favourite of the new three? Mine's probably Your Ontario Town. Mind you sometimes I like songs a lot simply because of where they're put on the album, and how an album flows. But so far that one is my favourite. The chorus is great, its so Canadian and ownage.

Edit: Anyone know the lyrics after "In my ocean, the water was frozen... I could see my reflection in the ice"? Awesome line, can't figure out what comes after though :p

My fav so far is 'The Northern Cold'. 'Your Ontario' is running a very close 2nd tho.

Dauden: I think the next line you're talking about is in my new signature graphic, either that or I have to do some revisions on it hehe

Dauden - Edit: Anyone know the lyrics after "In my ocean, the water was frozen... I could see my reflection in the ice"? Awesome line, can't figure out what comes after though

DG - "Mine was that of a quiet love...deep and true!"

+ Holy shit Mike!

northerncold.jpg

This is awesome!!! :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

That is sweet... and thanks Dave, somehow I managed not to look at Mike's sig, and hear the song, and put two and two together :p

Hey Dave, I was trying to figure some of this song out, did you still play in down a step and a half, or drop D, down a step and a half?

Hey good ears man! You got it exactly right. We did both!!!

I recorded the main parts of the song in C# standard (Woods usual tuning for every song) but then added a the rythym chug parts with a guitar in C#, with the heaviest string tuned 'drop D' style (though in this case, the note went from C# down to B). That's Crowbar Heavy!!! Listen for the heavy chugs come in during the clean vocals in the verses ("Seldom seen, seldom spoken", and "In my ocean, the water was frozen").

:kickass:

Hey good ears man! You got it exactly right. We did both!!!

I recorded the main parts of the song in C# standard (Woods usual tuning for every song) but then added a the rythym chug parts with a guitar in C#, with the heaviest string tuned 'drop D' style (though in this case, the note went from C# down to B). That's Crowbar Heavy!!! Listen for the heavy chugs come in during the clean vocals in the verses ("Seldom seen, seldom spoken", and "In my ocean, the water was frozen").

:kickass:

Sweetass, thanks. I figured some if it out, along with some of Your Ontario Town. Some parts are tough to figure out cause of the production though. Perhaps I'll figure out the full thing once I get my hands on the actual album :kickass:

:cry: I haven´t heard any of the songs yet... :cry:

I´m struggling with a fucking 56k connection, so all I ever get when I try to listen to stuff off the net, is 3 sec here and 5 sec there.
I guess I´ll just have to wait for the album to come out.... When is it, april?