The Recording of "Woods 3"...

Digging up this thread...

As of this weekend, Jessica has completed all her keyboard parts on "Woods 3". Yay! Aside from her string pieces, she also added some HUGE piano lead / solo contributions that blew Dan Hulse and I away!!! It was like Woods crossed with Mozart, a Van Halen piano part and Dimmu/Cradle keys! Epic, EPIC parts! In particular, please anticipate these two songs: "The Deepest Roots: The Belief that All is Lost" and "The Darkest Blues: The Relief that Nothing Can be Done" (these are the two EPIC sort-of 'title tracks' that play back to back and go together, musically and thematically, kinda like "The Sun was in My Eyes Part 1 and Doom", but dark and ice cold.

Now it's up to Dan to complete his bass parts and Dan and I to finish the last of the vocals. Everything is written and well rehearsed, now we must simply execute! Then mix, master and press!!!

It's coming!!!

WOODS 3!!!
:kickass: :)

YES

Hey Dave, you said that Dan was doing some vocals too? Thats obviously new, and intriguing. You probably don't want to give much away, but does he play a bigger role, or is there any harmonized cleans or anything? (I love harmonized vocals... *drool*) Just curious. This album is gonna own, the wait is killing me, I don't think I've ever anticipated an album this much, haha.

I hate to re-bump this thread for the thousandth time, but Dave, do you have an approximate date for the release of Woods III? Middle of April possibly? I can hardly wait anymore, haha.

Wow, this thread sure does get neglected when we get busy! I am however now digging it up to tell you all that after weekend after weekend of early mornings for Dan Hulse and I this spring, working until my voice was gone and then the both of us editing until dark, as of last night, all vocals for Woods 3 are finally all recorded!!! Lots of black vocals, lots of cleans, lots of complex harmonies, lots of lyrics, lots of surprises! DONE!!!

Dan just has a few more songs to record bass for and then the mixing continues. ...Sounding HUGE. You won't be disapointed! :headbang:

It's getting done! Thanks for your patience! :)

And what did Wintersun do? I still haven't listened to them yet, I have heard to much comparisons of them to CoB and ehh...

Wintersun delayed their second album again, now until 2008, I'm just say don't pull that on us since this album took longer than expected.