Norz Feuer - Northern cliché Black Metal

Tomby

New Metal Member
Mar 3, 2009
Hi!

I finished mixing one of my projects some weeks ago.

Thiq project was mainly intended to try some record/mixing tips.

The full album is available on streaming for free. Comments welcome (even if I know that mp3 quality is not really the best for that):

http://www.vs-webzine.com/news.php?page=new-itw&id_news=1289

You can have a quick view of the music with this song here:

Thanks for any comment. :kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
Verb on vox is way overkill, other than that it sounds pretty swell.

I know that about the vox :S , but I tried to insist on reverb on voice to reinforce the black metal production style.

I know some people would have found the production much too clean otherwise (for black metal I mean). It still sounds too clean for the genre in my opinion but I'm not really into low cost/dirty production sound usually so.... I tried this heavy reverbered voice.

Maybe I didn't chose the reverb type very well for that goal. :err:

Funny, most recent black metal albums I've listened to were mixed pretty well, what I dislike most about the verb though in this one is that it sounds metallic, there's no air. You should try some other verbs. Then again if you're going for that oldschool early 90's vibe you already failed the moment you decided not to run everything through an Ibanez GTA10.:lol:

Let's say I tried to balance between my usual way of working and something sounding BM.

In fact my first goal when starting this album was to try some new gear and recording options.

For instance: all guitars and basses are recorded through a Blackheart BH5 Rat modded behind an AMT SS-20 preamp.
I wanted to try a new way of "not too loud" microphone recording in my very tiny appartment.

(+ I tried a lot of new UAD plugins and Slate Digital FG-X for the "master".)

I'm much more into Death / Doom metal usually.
This is like a holiday project. :)