Need feedback on the black metal project *sigh*

Riffs are pretty good btw! what band is this? and cool drumming man.

You might think the riffs are good but wait 'til you hear all of his songs... they're very same same all the time :) He is sloppy when you hear the tracks soloed but for some reason, his shit turns out pretty damn OK when he has layered all his shit together.

Thank you for thinking my drumming is "cool" :) I'm not gonna bother pointing out my opinion about my drumming on this project but anyway, thanks!

I'd like the drums to be lowered a bit.. they overpower the guitars methinks...?

I'm not sure really, I mean I'm used to modern metal and djenty shit and those have influenced me a whole lot so I guess I automatically make the drums stand out a little bit extra to give it that push. But after all, this is black metal and I admit I have no experience with BM what so ever so perhaps I could lower the drums slightly but I'm really not sure. Gotta make the kick get its punch and attack back first, then I can look into that.

Thanks for your feedback!

Is it bad that I actually like the music? Haha
I'm usually hardcore anti-black metal. I think most of it sucks, but this sounds really, really good.
Maybe it's because the production isn't raping my ears. *shrug*

This is good shit

Is it bad that I actually like the music? Haha
I'm usually hardcore anti-black metal. I think most of it sucks, but this sounds really, really good.
Maybe it's because the production isn't raping my ears. *shrug*

This is good shit

:guh:

:OMG:

On a serious note, of course it's not bad if you like it... it just means this black metalist is doing something differently from all others. Not sure I share that opinion though but, anyway, we'll see when we've got vocals and all :)

I'll need to make version 5 when I have time for it... uhhh, so much shit going on right now, all at once.

Edit: I love your sig! You didn't happen to pull that out of context from somewhere did ya? :D

Sounds really good to me but unlike most of the people around here I really don't like metalcore and Meshuggah worship so... =p

I'm tiiiiiiireeeeeeeeed.... spent the last 2 days non-stop with black metal (well, I did sleep 8 hours between!). The client dude came in today and sat there for a few hours for any adjustments and this is what he wanted, although I think the snare is too loud on some parts, I don't fucking care... it's DONE, DONE DONE DONE, I will never go back to this shit again :D

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/585020/what_is_this.mp3

And a completely different project that was recorded at the same time (I did 2 projects in parallell with this guy) can be found on the link below. This project, he wanted more raw and not so "produced" sound, not that I think the first project is that but anyway...

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/585020/what_is_this_other_project.mp3

These are just short clips to let ya hear what it turned out like with my ridiculously low budget recording gear ;)

For those who are interested in the whole thing, I will post an update when that guy fixes a MySpace for his shit.

those sound amazing to be honest. sounds like some good black metal in the vein of the "orthodox" movement like funeral mist, deathspell omega, ofermod, or ondskapt. nothing terribly original but still good anyway. excellently produced too.

second project sounds great too, almost in the same vein.

those sound amazing to be honest. sounds like some good black metal in the vein of the "orthodox" movement like funeral mist, deathspell omega, ofermod, or ondskapt. nothing terribly original but still good anyway. excellently produced too.

second project sounds great too, almost in the same vein.

Those bands sound familiar... I think the guy mentioned a lot of those bands while recording his stuff. His solo project has songs that are like 10-12 minutes long each, with each riff being 2 minutes... veeeeeeery boring stuff but he said the only reason he did that project was because he was inspired some "Armagedda" stuff or something like that... I have no clue, I'm not into that stuff. I just did my job, or tried to atleast =)

Anyway, thanks for thinking it's a good production. I'm kinda lost in this territory but as long as he is happy with it, I guess most black metal dudes are too. It's new for me so I guess I am kind of happy about it after all.

Yeah, i'll say it again.. music is pretty damn cool man!! I would like the name of the band too..

You did a great job on the drumming and production aswell, i think alot of bm dudes will dig this!!
My only beef when listening to the what is this sample is that the snare sounds abit too triggered, but its only a minor detail, sounds good bro!

Thanks a ton dudes!

Seizure, I think a lot of it also comes from the fact that he wanted a really "hard as stone" type of snare, so I shaped it a lot with compression and clipping to fuckery and back, to attain that weird smack. But yes, it is also sample blended with my own snare, and it's most apparent on the second half of the first clip where I play some bomb blast (I believe that is what that beat is called..? :D) and the snare goes off fairly fast. It's mostly the ringing that stays the same while the actual attack is varied a lot on that part... it's weird but anyway, it works I guess :)

I can reveal that this guy's main project is Kaos Sacramentum. A quick googling revealed that many underground BM people listen to this guy's music actually... I didn't even know that :) The other project is his solo stuff which he calls Acerbitas. Don't think that one is known in any part of the world yet, not sure :)

Google shows a Kaos Sacramentum MySpace but clicking it brings up a page saying that it has been deleted. I think he will put up a new one... I will remind him. But now you know the name atleast, so you can check once in a while if you are interested. I'll still post an update when I know he has put it up though!