Not another watershed thread, or maybe yes?

Anyone who claims Watershed is better than Still Life is, quite frankly, an idiot. I don't even need to explain why 'cos it's obvious...

Well i guess The Ålmighty can say whatever the fuck he wants about his own records, he made them. And dont forget he also have to sell this record, no matter if he believes this is the best record he's ever done or not.

but also i think it depends on the mood of whom is listening to the record and the circumstances surrounding this.

I prefer by far Still Life over Watershed for the things I felt when I bought it that awesome day, and the compositions, and the whole album itself.

I think its beautiful from the beginning to the end in its first listening, which didn't happen a few hours ago when i heard Watershed from the first time.

As i said, it depends on the person who's listening. We aren't producers, mixers and shit.

I didnt enjoyed that much the first listenings of BWP and SL, and I love those albums, but it's my way of discovering music, I have to listen a lot to an album to understand it. One example is SW's solo album, I still don't have an opinion on it, it didn't sounded that great to me, but I still have to listen more to see if I like it or not.

mike can say whatever he wants about his albums, just as we can think whatever we want of his albums. but let us not forget that the man is selling a product

BeatDeadHorse.gif

Are you predicting the length of your ban?

LMAO!

that pic just made me kack it!

One more exclamation!

Well i guess The Ålmighty can say whatever the fuck he wants about his own records, he made them. And dont forget he also have to sell this record, no matter if he believes this is the best record he's ever done or not.

Precisely

mike can say whatever he wants about his albums, just as we can think whatever we want of his albums. but let us not forget that the man is selling a product
Then again, how many records do you think he sells as a result of what he says on the Opeth forum?

I'm guessing the majority here already own Watershed.

I appreciate a skeptical nature as much as anyone.... so for whatever it's worth: I believe that Mike puts FAR more effort into making a quality record, one that he feels he can honestly say is "The best record we've made thus far", than he puts into "selling" the record in interviews and such. He likes the direction of the band, he likes the direction of the music, and he has the confidence and pride to make public statements that say so. I think a suspension of cynicism is appropriate in this instance.