Not Metal, but still awesome

Awesome, I will look into them. Anything else? I don't care if it is modern or old; hell, as long as it has that Irish kick that Murphys has I want to here it.

Edit: Alright, I've heard a bit more of the DKM discography; I'm looking for music more akin to the themesong of The Departed, not just really soft punk.

More like this:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Pogues have some punk-ish songs but are more firmly rooted in Irish folk. Great drinking music. Try If I Should Fall From Grace with God and Rum, Sodomy and Lash.

On the Dropkick Murphys, make sure you pick up Live on St Patrick's Day because it's hands down their best. The studio albums don't do too much for me, though Blackout is OK.

The Mahones are great too. Irish punk similar to the Pogues.

There are some really good Newfoundland bands who play lots of Irish folk, but without the angst of punk:

Great Big Sea
Spirit of the West
Irish Descendents

Also, if you like both Flogging Molly and Dropkick, you should check out the Mighty Mighty Bosstones. They're not as celtic influenced (although you can hear it sometimes in their stuff), but they're from the same label as the other two bands. They have a very Boston-Irish punk sound, with ska elements. See if you can find the song Riot on Broadstreet.