Notable releases to come 2014

What is the deal and hype with this band? I didn't even wanna listen to it after reading the lame Agalloch song title. They just combine Wolves and Agalloch and don't even do it convincingly. Total bore.

yeah they are really terrible, always were

bad sound, bad riffs, poorly played

don't get it either

What is the deal and hype with this band?

Their demo Into the Archaic and freshman release Hail Wind and Hewn Oak are thoroughly enjoyable. I originally dismissed them as an Agalloch rip off, but they're far removed from being derivative. They evoke emotion in my bowels, moreso than a Jack's breakfast burrito, and that's all I'm looking for when it comes to metal and all the subset genres therein. I can take or leave the last one, or what is offered in the forthcoming. (Was only sub-consciously paying attn to it, but it seems like they're brightening up their sound a bit, less melancholy.) :danceboy:

What is the deal and hype with this band? I didn't even wanna listen to it after reading the lame Agalloch song title. They just combine Wolves and Agalloch and don't even do it convincingly. Total bore.

I did like (do like) their second album, had some pretty uplifting moments. The third one is totally a return to meh waters alas.

I haven't listened to the track above.

I found The Light That Dwells in Rotten Wood to be a significant step forward compared to the first release. It's curious they would return back to where they started. They were rather enjoyable when I saw them live with Miserere Luminis at any rate, which would have been shortly after the first album was released.

No it's back to the style of the two first albums
lol at this again

i regret to say -- I REALLY DO -- that i agree almost word for word with this review. think the guy hit the nail on the head.

http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/Empyrium/The_Turn_of_the_Tides/411417/TheNecromancer/84412

this year has been nothing but disappointment all the way down

agalloch forgettable -- but fine, whatever, they did try

but empyrium... this uninspired, tired incoherent cut'n'paste mess of fucking around in pro tools. what a grand freakin comeback.

sigh

maybe i'll give the new sólstafir a chance.

Pleased I made you laugh repeatedly. Making people happy is a precious thing.

I withdrew that dumb statement weeks ago. However I can't bring myself to "hate" the album. I still enjoy the feeling of it for the most part, but do recognize that the songwriting is often incoherent and in some cases botched up, and generally unworthy of an Empyrium record...

Agalloch... haven't touched it in months. I dread the next time, but who knows, maybe undusting it next year or so will be a good idea, let the disappointment cool off and take the music at face value.

164_large1-e1409522714444-300x300.jpg

MUTHAFUCKIN' THIS!!!!! :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: