Notable Releases to Come 2016

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
Let's start off this Hellabaloo with some Canadian DM bringing old school flare, wooooooooooooo. I got a turd o' percolating, and this track is pressing my innards. Coming January via Profound Lore.

So did anyone else hear about this new Emperor box set? It's the complete discography, being (re)released on 24 (yes, twenty-four) 12'' LPs. Three songs on each side at 45RPM (for some reason). Only available through Blood Music at an advertised price of 700 EUROS (thats about $900, right?). Shipping is not included, so you can factor in another $100-200 for that. The best part is that the guy is only accepting bank transfers or cash… no Paypal. Estimated shipping time after payment is six months.

I am ALL about cool limited releases and over-the-top lavish box sets, but this is absolutely retarded. All of the material is still in print, and its totally crazy to put three songs on each side (at 45rpm!!!!). They could have easily cut the amount of vinyl in half, but I guess it was a priority to have as many physical records as possible. I mean, you could buy a fucking used car for this amount of money.

New Disillusion could be damn good. We'll see. :heh:

Edit- Peeping their album Gloria, what the flying fuck is this? "Forward to Times of Shit?"

This may be the biggest turd I've heard in awhile. Pure Garbo! :puke:

Last edited:
Cobalt finally dropping a new one after 7 years. I'm hopeful seeing that it's due out on Profound Lore. However that McSorely cat is no longer in the band, choosing to fend off Jihad Warriors in the Army. Album has a high probability of turning out wank. :worried:

New Nokturnal Mortum!

8373718.jpg

So new Ulver album-listening to this one a lot over past few days-I know some of this is some improv from their live show--whatever-I think
this is their best material since perdition city. It's a long album, but has an excellent mix of more ambient/drone/electronic/ with some generally rocking parts in the early tracks-I really like the new versions of the quick fix and perdition city tracks (especially the former), and the two ambient tracks in the middle of the album (7/8) may be the best they have done in this style. Definitely looking forward to seeing these live if they ever make it to the U.S

So new Ulver album-listening to this one a lot over past few days-I know some of this is some improv from their live show--whatever-I think
this is their best material since perdition city. It's a long album, but has an excellent mix of more ambient/drone/electronic/ with some generally rocking parts in the early tracks-I really like the new versions of the quick fix and perdition city tracks (especially the former), and the two ambient tracks in the middle of the album (7/8) may be the best they have done in this style. Definitely looking forward to seeing these live if they ever make it to the U.S
Holy crap I didn't even know this came out, will check out and buy immediately, but of course! Ulver are one of three bands left that I still procure their new albums, without question. The rest either broke up, died, or I no longer give a shit about.

I'm too old for new music.
ghost_zpsws5iv91h.gif

I was literally thinking "I am to old to listen to new stuff and I don't give a fuck" while clicking on this thread.

Then I read NAD's post, lol'd, remembered this:

Q6qbZpo.jpg

then cursed the world

:lol:

Speaking of death lurking behind thee, did you get another motorcycle yet? I told the wife I was going to buy myself one for my 40th bday, likely a KTM 666 Adventure, because you know, wanderin' the desert is kind of my thing and all.

She won't let me. But I have over 3 years to scheme. We'll see what occurs. Maybe I'll buy another WRX instead. I still fucking miss that car.

Not yet - this year.

Just buy it. What is she going to do, kill you? You already have that covered with the bike. She has no leverage.

WOO

Reactions: NAD