NOVEMBER 25!!! ATHEIST SHOW IN BALTIMORE!!!

Technical metal pioneers ATHEIST have announced their first American reunion show will take place at the inaugural Auditory Assault Festival.

The Auditory Assault Festival will take place at the Sonar Club in Baltimore, MD on November 25th. Also scheduled to appear are Relapse label mates MISERY INDEX and CRETIN with many more bands to be announced shortly. This performance is the first of what will be a small number of select American reunion shows by the band. For more information on this Relapse Records co-sponsored festival, please visit: www.supremebrutality.com/auditoryassault.

ATHEIST guitarist/vocalist Kelly Shaefer comments, "We are so pleased to be able to play as Atheist for the first time in America since 1991 and excited that it is part of a great new festival. As with our recent European festival shows, we will be performing songs from all 3 records, and we aim to make it a technical death metal extravaganza Atheist style!"

ATHEIST recently began an exclusive run of European festival performances with incredible performances at Italy's Evolution Festival and the UK's Bloodstock Open Air. Shaefer continues, "We would like to say thanks to the Evolution Festival and Bloodstock Open Air for helping to give many people who never got to see Atheist live a chance to see us one last time. Both festivals were incredible experiences for us and ones we will never forget."

Additionally, the band's wildly-influential catalog (1988's "Piece of Time", 1993's "Elements", and 1991's legendary "Unquestionable Presence") has recently been made available for the first time via iTunes and select digital distributors internationally.

Q: Will there be any US/Canadian dates?
A: We are trying to set up an exclusive 5 show run in New York, Chicago, LA, Atlanta, and Florida, more on that as it develops.

now THIS is something to celebrate! so many great early nineties death metal bands doing little reunion tours for those of us who missed them since we weren't in kindergarden yet. godspeed to you forbes

IF I DIDNT LOVE YOU I WOULD HATE YOU!

ps. Maybe I should quit Kayo Dot, and reform Thoughtstreams just for the purpose of playing this show (Yea right). We would have to practice so much to get into shape for it. ANYWAY, I'll see you there Josh...

I'll be sure to make it to an NYC show, but not down to Baltimore. All the metal shows around here have been killed recently. Emperor at BB King's apparently failed to sell a lot of tickets because they're idiots and with all the fees, etc. it cost over $100 for the ticket alone, Dissection was cancelled, and I get to hear it all the time about home pride for Hatebreed. And John Mayer. I fucking hate John Mayer.
Deicide should finally put on a good show, with the Hoffman idiots out of the band. Glen Benton seemed like a good guy when I met him, and he put the blame on the Hoffmans for ruining the shows (i.e. when I spoke to him it was at a show they failed to show up to).

Atheist was also my music of choice on June 6, 2006. Loading the bed of a pickup truck with stuff borrowed from a car audio shop managed to get a crowd of nearly 100 people to run screaming through traffic away from a Dairy Queen, which was the best reaction we got.

I saw Atheist at Wacken '06 in Germany, they were literally the best band of the entire festival. Despite any questionable recent career choices, Tony Choy is a fucking intense bassist.

I am seeing Atheist tonight in Athens (how proper!). I intend to return with a firmer epistemological distaste for any and all metaphysical notions. And also BLEEDING FROM THE FACE FOR ALL THE METAL.

Impressions to follow.

Seen. Excellent show. Tight, passionate playing, good playlist and a very happy Atheist met a very happy athens audience. I feel wonderful. We had a Tony Choi solo, which the became a rhythm section solo before going back in the middle of Mother Man from where it started, is this something they do throughout the tour?

Helm said:
Seen. Excellent show. Tight, passionate playing, good playlist and a very happy Atheist met a very happy athens audience. I feel wonderful. We had a Tony Choi solo, which the became a rhythm section solo before going back in the middle of Mother Man from where it started, is this something they do throughout the tour?

They did that at Wacken.

The bass solo was utterly outrageous, Tony is way too good.

I'm still in post-concert bliss, and that says something 'cause it's been a few days. I'd put it up in the top 5 shows I've seen over the years. I want Atheist to stay together and put out a new album, but Kelly won't have any of that. Shame! They sounded extremely compact, as if they never stopped playing together. Gnostic guitarist performed nicely, but it was Rand that was out of his fucking mind right in my face (tasted the sweat of the guitar, hello mr.Freud).

I wish now that they feel they're more appreciated by the metal audience, they'd sit down and do a followup to Elements.