november

bleed for me

Sep 9, 2001
Brooklyn, NY
Visit site
i was wondering what the significance of november is. i've seen it used alot, for example: the bands novembre and novembers doom or "the dirge for november"

anyone have any idea about this?

All I can think of is that it's the last month of Autumn in the northern hemisphere, so it connotates a cold atmosphere, I imagine.

Novembre are a great band, though. One of the best.

Oh yeah, and November happens to be both mine and my sisters birthdays. So hooray for us!

Novembre has just found a new home RIGHT next to Opeth in my heart. I don't know who flung the line "Novembre are the closest thing to Opeth" around, but I remembered it and because of that I download Distances from MP3.com and bought 2 albums by them.

THEY'RE AMAZING! At first it sounded like too much all at once, but after a few days of letting it sink in... I can't stop asking people about Novembre. I think they're great.

Novembre = My latest passion. Novembrine Waltz is what I'm taking in now. I've listened to Classica once and it sounded promising. They have a website. Check it out.

Novembre

It's great to see people getting into Novembre. I setup their webpage and created their mp3.com account (they needed some convincing) so it's good to see that I've helped convert some people because they're a great band and deserve popularity

Definitely get Classica. It's as good, if not better than Novembrine Waltz.

What do you guys think of Arte Novecento? When it initially came out, no one playing this style (except for maybe MDB with Angel...) had to guts to release an all clean vocal metal album. I really think that Katatonia were influenced by this (i.e. see Discouraged Ones).

Little known fact: Novembre recorded Wish I Could Dream... right after Opeth recorded Orchid (meaning right when Opeth left, Novembre came in) at Unisound.

uhhhmmm....i think we're straying from the topic..

anyway, novembre is an amazing band, one of my favs. now

classica is my fav. album, followed by novembrine waltz

is their older stuff any good? should i bother checking them out?

Nebularus
It's great to see people getting into Novembre. I setup their webpage and created their mp3.com account (they needed some convincing) so it's good to see that I've helped convert some people because they're a great band and deserve popularity.

Well, thank you then! :) I wouldn't have been able to get a taste of them without Distances being up on there. For some reason MP3.com is close to the only place I can hold a connection to download a song.

Definitely get Classica. It's as good, if not better than Novembrine Waltz. Done. What do you guys think of Arte Novecento? When it initially came out, no one playing this style (except for maybe MDB with Angel...) had to guts to release an all clean vocal metal album. I really think that Katatonia were influenced by this (i.e. see Discouraged Ones).

This caught my eye. I've fallen into a Discouraged Ones craze lately and if I get what you're saying, Arte Novecento will be very pleasing as well. I only found out not too long ago that they had anything other than Novembrine Waltz and Classica.

Little known fact: Novembre recorded Wish I Could Dream... right after Opeth recorded Orchid (meaning right when Opeth left, Novembre came in) at Unisound.

Yeah someone just clued me into that today. They also said that when Opeth, Katatonia and Novembre started out, they worked with Dan Swano. :err: He's the MAN. Also, there was something else about a line in a Nightingale song...?