Dirge for November

Nov 28, 2002
San Fransisco, CA
Visit site
Alright, today I was sitting in chemistry class working, and I was listening to BWP.. and god damn.. Dirge for November.. I've finally realized how fucking great this song is.. I can't stop listening to it now.. damnit BWP is such a masterpiece.. anyone else love this song?

Reactions: [0hr]Sunlapse
yea, my fav song in bwp, its so creative, combining singer/songwriter style in the beginning, and then creating this atmospheric distorted midsection, and then the final part leaves you feeling empty and sad.........

its one of the top 5 opeth songs for me.....its so great....mikas voice is still more amazing this time! this atmosphere brings me down like no other song....definitely my favourite on BWP !

Ahhhhh the song that got me into Opeth :)

It remains one of my favorites, the way Mikael doesn't sing but mourn his way through the first half sends chills down my spine. And then when it changes to the heavy part....bliss. And Mike's growling is also top notch here.

All around an incredible song, among my top 5 opeth favorites...I don't understand how so many people lash out against it.

Nope. But then again I think the only song out of that album that stands alone is Blackwater Park.

I think the album is best enjoyed playing from start to finish, and each song is equally amazing. But if I'd have to pick the weakest it'd be Dirge... :erk: It's fairly uneventful and simple. Although I love the beginning, most of the heavy part (it gets boring quick), and the outro, but the outro sucks cuz they play it twice and once is just enough.