Novembers Doom - Aphotic mp3 download only $5.99 on Amazon

Ben Johnson

SSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Jan 17, 2006
Chicago
Hey guys. I laid down the piano & keyboard tracks for ND's newest record (released today), and I have to say it's seriously badass. Most reviews are saying it's their strongest album to date. Do yourself a favor and pick it up! :kickass:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Aphotic/dp/B004WIPHEA/ref=zg_bs_195343011_15[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
I lost them after The Pale Hunt Departure. I like their older stuff much. The Knowing is a masterpiece. But this one sounds good besides Novella and Requiem.

I forgot that you were doing the keys and piano on this one. I will have to grab it for sure.

For those of you who do not know, Ben is a complete BAD ASS on keys! ND is cool and with Ben it is even better!

Thanks for the reminder Ben. We should hang out soon...

Know the bass player, VERY underrated band. Looks like that's changing though, you guys are everywhere around here! Congrats you guys!

Production sounds pretty awesome, different at least! Hoping they changed the vocals up a bit... in that the guy fucking rhymes for once. I don't know why, as it normally doesn't matter to me, but this guys lyrics have literally ruined the band for me, at least on The Pale Hunt Departure.

Production sounds pretty awesome, different at least! Hoping they changed the vocals up a bit... in that the guy fucking rhymes for once. I don't know why, as it normally doesn't matter to me, but this guys lyrics have literally ruined the band for me, at least on The Pale Hunt Departure.

I like the lyrics on most songs, except Autumn reflection. I mean I understand the song has huge importance in the guy's life but the melodies are a bit too scattered for my taste, and the lyrics are pointless honestly, like they don't get me anywhere. Like he wanted to dedicate a song to his kid and didn't know what to say except "you're so cool I like to look at you all day". No offense intended of course, and musically I think it's a great song

Truly a great and unfortunately highly underrated bands making music today. I've been waiting on pins and needles for this release and happy it's finally here.

Yeah, these guys are a powerhouse. I know their drummer, my band used to play shows with another one of his older bands from Chicago and he also used to be in a fucking AWESOME thrashier band here (that's still around) called Trials. This band is sick.