Novembers Doom time machine: 1996

Hey Brian, I'm bummed I didn't get a chance to see you on Friday. My back gave me trouble and I was back stage recovering a bit, with the intention of joining the bar shortly, when the phone rang, and the wife and I had to run to take my daughter to the hospital. It was a crazy evening. I still have your cell number if it's the same, I'll give you a call and catch up.

Dwell The Dross of Ours was the last song Paul and I wrote together back then, and I completely couldn't tell you how it goes at all. But I think Paul kept parts of it for the 2nd album, correct? Or it was entirely a new version.
That's a heavy set. Nothing Earthly, Seasons of Frost and Dwell were all very new. I always hated the production on those 2 songs. Earthly and Seasons. It took the power out of them. They were heavy at rehearsal, but lost it in the studio.

Hey Brian, I'm bummed I didn't get a chance to see you on Friday. My back gave me trouble and I was back stage recovering a bit, with the intention of joining the bar shortly, when the phone rang, and the wife and I had to run to take my daughter to the hospital. It was a crazy evening. I still have your cell number if it's the same, I'll give you a call and catch up.

No worries Paul, my cell# is still the same....give me a call whenever;i have plenty of downtime these days. Hopefully Rhiannon is doing well.

Dwell The Dross of Ours was the last song Paul and I wrote together back then, and I completely couldn't tell you how it goes at all. But I think Paul kept parts of it for the 2nd album, correct? Or it was entirely a new version.
That's a heavy set. Nothing Earthly, Seasons of Frost and Dwell were all very new. I always hated the production on those 2 songs. Earthly and Seasons. It took the power out of them. They were heavy at rehearsal, but lost it in the studio.

I think part of the production flaws can be attributed to the T-shirt covering Emmett's snare...

Brian, I know you don't know me from Adam, but it's funny you mention wearing leather.

I was at the JJ Kelley's show in late summer 2005. It was probably 100 degrees outside and 115 inside.
You had leather pants and a long leather trench-type coat!
Don't know how you didn't pass out.

Brian, I know you don't know me from Adam, but it's funny you mention wearing leather.

I was at the JJ Kelley's show in late summer 2005. It was probably 100 degrees outside and 115 inside.

He was wearing a Stillsuit under that leather outfit. The spice must flow...

When you're fucking metal, you can deal with it, lol. When we played at SXSW in 2005 in Austin, TX. it was pretty fucking hot. And yet if you watch the video for "Dark World Burden" on the DVD (which was filmed at SXSW) you'll clearly see that Brian and I are both decked out in leather pants and jackets, and even Vito had on the leather pants that day! All in the name of metal, haha.

Ok, so I have more pictures of that hat than I thought. Before I post them, is everybody cool with the goofy ones? I'm looking at Paul, Larry- even Mary, though she doesn't post here. Post if it's ok to proceed.

For now, here are a few others.

1.jpg

Cleveland, November 3, 2000. Yes, there was a pirate ship right in the middle of the building. I kid you not.

2.jpg

Pale Haunt sessions- early demo ones, where I came up for keys. Late 2003, I think.

6.jpg

Show at the Finish Line in south Chicago. Played with Scepter that night. Steve was there as well iirc.

7.jpg

Larry at live on-air performance at 89.3 WNUR. I still have a digital minidisc copy of the show, sounds great. Includes the Kiss cover of She (which I still think should be released somehow if properly mastered).

8.jpg

The band in front of Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash, AFTER it was closed. We played at New Jersey Metalfest, drove all the way across state (I remember hating Mapquest after this because it took us through some really crappy neighborhoods), only to arrive at the store after it was already closed. All they could do was look in the windows. Bummer. I wasn't nearly as big a comic/Kevin Smith fan as the others, so I didn't care and just took pictures of their sadness for future doom metal writing inspiration. Ha.

9.jpg

Getting grub with Chris Wisco. Clearly they are pondering the possibility I might want to retrack guitars. The Knowing sessions.

10.jpg

Mary and Joe. Joe was obviously more interested in making money than the band. The Knowing sessions.

11.jpg

Mary and Paul, The Knowing sessions.