Novembre (Italy) - USA/CANADA Tour - Sept/Oct 2007

I have been meaning to check these guys out for a while.
Any recommended discs as a starting point?
Who can they be compared to?

Some have compared them to Opeth however I think that their latest album is more like Katatonia.

Start with Materia and Classica:loco:

Novembrine Waltz is DEFINTELY their best album, imho. Try Everasia, Valentine or Venezia Dismal.

The other albums (esp. Materia) can't compare to it, imo. the waltz is just pure bliss...

Novembrine Waltz is my favorite as well, I just think that Materia would be the best to start with.

Novembrine Waltz is definetly one their best cds,but i guess Materia is easier to get into...
Is just a shame that you guys dont tour here in Europe(Portugal...but STILL EUROPE).

Novembre have been to portugal at least 2 times, when they toured with Opeth and Katatonia and when they toured supporting Moonspell and Kreator. They're definitely my favorite band and I don't think they can be compared to either Opeth or Katatonia, they're, in their own right, an unique band with their own style and sound. I hope they actually tour US and Canada, they really deserve getting the spotlight out of europe. I'm hopeful about their newest album, Materia wasn't the album I was hoping for after around 4-5 years of waiting for a newer album, but it's not bad, it's just that it's different than their previous. I guess I stick to their early stuff, like Dreams D'azur (remake of their first album) and my top fave Arte Novecento. For a starter, I'd recommend Classica and Novembrine Waltz, I guess materia has got that metal gap that doesn't cut that well for me, it's not like I'm only into metal, but their non-metal stuff doesn't fill my measures :)

Cheers!

I didn't mean that they were carbon copies of Katatonia and Opeth. I just think that thay are the best bands you can compare them with.
Sort of like Daylight Dies. I really love that band and I think that you can compare them to Katatonia and Opeth as well, but I don't think they are carbon copies at all.