Mayhem Production Tours....

hrmm, since the forums hung up, hiccuped, then double-posted, let me find something else to say...

oh yeah! I'd like to see WarMachine on that bill as well!

BRING IT!!!
violent069.gif

Right on!
we'd love to be on it as well, maybe just maybe...

Bring Them To Canada Mister Mayhem, Promoters here are waiting for them!!! :)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A date in Montreal an Toronto in Planned!!! Thanks Mister Mayhem...but one is missing...Quebec City!!! Hope you can add one!!!

Once again ATL gets the screwjob. :erk:

Everyone in the ATL region can thank all the great, wonderful, open-minded venues in the metro area for their reluctance to bring a true metal tour here. I have tried for two months to no avail to get the T/D/F, Shatter Messiah, Epicurean, Virgin Black tour to stop here in ATL, but none of the venues will budge.

/end rant/

~Hoyt.

That really sucks. Are there any clubs outside of the immediate Atlanta area? Like the major metal venue in Massachusetts is about 20 minutes from Boston. Sometimes it's really all about just finding one venue that will work with you to become known as the "metal venue" so that fans of the genre know to check their schedule for any tours in the area.

Everyone in the ATL region can thank all the great, wonderful, open-minded venues in the metro area for their reluctance to bring a true metal tour here. I have tried for two months to no avail to get the T/D/F, Shatter Messiah, Epicurean, Virgin Black tour to stop here in ATL, but none of the venues will budge.

So be sure to write the Masquerade, Breakers, and Sidelines (formerly Darkside) in particular for dragging their feet for weeks on end just to tell me 'no'. This has caused me to miss out on any other venues who have now booked up through the end of the summer. And believe me, I've tried everywhere that my budget allowed.

Looking ahead, I don't expect much to come of the other tours Mister Mayhem has listed here (Sacred Steel/Persuader, etc) simply due to the resistance I've met with this first attempt at booking/promoting real metal in ATL.

don't get me wrong, I'll try again. But I refuse to stress over another tour stop like I have done with this miserably failed attempt. I basically just wasted about two months of my time with this effort. And it is NOT worth it.

to the venues: "Thanks for nothing ATL! And fuck you all!"

/end rant/

~Hoyt.

How about an email first before posting it on the site?

Thanks.

Why not try Athens? It would be nice to get some metal shows there for once instead of Atlanta. If someone wants to see the bands bad enough they could travel to Athens, like the 40 watt or Tasty World. That is my old stomping ground Hoyt, just let me know.

Can we get THERION here again in the States? Bring them on a package tour, maybe? That would fucking rule. I WILL DEFINITELY be at the Philly SACRED STEEL / PERSUADER show on Sept. 15th. Any idea what the venue for this show will be?

/end rant/

~Hoyt.

well I guess I needed to vent and rant in order to make this happen.

It's ON!

To/Die/For, Virgin Black, and Shatter Messiah* will be in Atlanta on June 29th.

Details forthcoming over the weekend as I sort them out myself. But for those who are familiar with the Atlanta scene, we'll have this show in the venue formerly known as The Darkside in Marietta.

:headbang:

*Epicurean will not make the Atlanta show. Local bands Halcyon Way and Dead Rites will also be on the bill.