Now Annette out of Nightwish

I don't think the situations are really similar. What Anette did was like calling into work sick, the company having someone else cover her shift, and then call a press conference with every media outlet in the world to talk about how offended she is that the work got done without her. The public humiliation goes both ways and I'm sure her blog post was embarrassing for the other guys in the band as much as her firing was for herself.

Is that what she did, though? I thought she just made a blog post. Granted, considering how famous she is, even that would be considered a big deal.. however, like everyone else said, I don't think that's all that happened.

I'm still gonna feel bad for her, just because it sucks to be sick (she said she lost hearing in one ear and had the flu...) and then have to go through the drama of being fired. She's probably an emotional wreck right now.

Saw them in Kansas City on Thursday night. By Friday morning, Marco was still hanging out outside, and someone asked him where Anette was. He basically said something along the lines of I don't know. If that means anything at all, I don't know, but it seemed odd at the time given that Tuomas and Marco came out together and hung out for quite awhile.

That describes just about every time I've met band members after a concert.

I'm wondering about something. I assume Floor doesn't live in the US, right? Unless she's just been chillin' here since PP. All this went down on Friday, but Anette played the show on Saturday, so you're telling me that they called Floor up, and got her ready to rock and roll by Monday? Conspiracy theorist in me thinks that maybe Floor had been asked to "be ready at a moment's notice" because they knew something was brewing. But, I could be totally off my rocker.

You are not off your rocker. As a matter of fact I think you are right on. Floor looked rehearsed and seasoned and the band looked like they had been waiting for this moment. I've seen many first time performance/fill in singers in my life, this was by far the most polished. After about 5 songs they finally introduced Floor in a very simple way, and Floor said 'I dont have words to describe this moment, Im just very happy' and they carried on. They played the rest of the set perfectly, took their bows and made no mention of Anette. Seattle delivered with a huge turn out for a monday night. The venue was packed and people were going nuts for both Nightwish and Kamelot.

As far as Anette goes there is OBVIOUSLY more then meets the eye with this situation. :OMG:

Drive to Portland to see it again tonight?

Last night’s show in Seattle was AMAZING! Not only did Floor perform every song perfectly, and with conviction but as always her stage presence was perfect for the occasion. She is a true professional! She never looked like she was reading lyrics or looking for ques, although she didn’t have the same flare she usually has in her stage performances (I’m sure she was more worried about giving a flawless performance), she was leaps and bounds better than anything Anette has ever produced on stage. I have not in recent tours with Anette seen the guys in the band so relaxed and having FUN! It always seemed like they had to 'baby sit' Anette and make sure she didn’t flop. Not the case last night, Tuomas seemed more at ease than ever before. All of them seemed like they had been performing together for years, the chemistry was magical! Floor was definitely rehearsed, and do I blame NW for obviously asking her to be ready, not at all. Every tour they have done with Anette has resulted in some situation at some point and with her dealing with whatever health issue she seems to be going through it makes sense that the band would want to be ready in case a situation like this came up. All the best to Anette and her health but the band is more than just her and there are 4 other members who make a living by their music and any musician can tell you that it’s tough to make it if you don’t tour.

I was introduced to NW with Tarja as the singer; I never got to see her perform live unfortunately. I love the music of the newer albums but always thought Anette’s voice was too weak and whiney for NW. I welcome Floor as a possible new singer with open arms as she is one of my favorite female metal vocalists. Her voice has the power needed for ALL of Nightwish’s songs and she can command the crowd with her stage presence. I hope NW sees this with the response the crowds will give with her on stage. I definitely saw it last night in Seattle!

She was great,with the band this really sucks a least i got to see them together.

I see a lot of people talking about who should sing for them I'm thinking a guy, maybe Olaf Hayer,or Tim Owens

Few clips (too short, dammit) of last night's show:

Can't make much of a judgement but Floor sounds great. I'd love to see them playing with her on vox. And to the old school Nightwish fans, how about Floor Jansen doing The Phantom of the Opera with Russell Allen!??!!?!? (clip from 2008 I believe)

Last edited by a moderator:
Last night’s show in Seattle was AMAZING! Not only did Floor perform every song perfectly, and with conviction but as always her stage presence was perfect for the occasion. She is a true professional! She never looked like she was reading lyrics or looking for ques, although she didn’t have the same flare she usually has in her stage performances (I’m sure she was more worried about giving a flawless performance), she was leaps and bounds better than anything Anette has ever produced on stage. I have not in recent tours with Anette seen the guys in the band so relaxed and having FUN! It always seemed like they had to 'baby sit' Anette and make sure she didn’t flop. Not the case last night, Tuomas seemed more at ease than ever before. All of them seemed like they had been performing together for years, the chemistry was magical! Floor was definitely rehearsed, and do I blame NW for obviously asking her to be ready, not at all. Every tour they have done with Anette has resulted in some situation at some point and with her dealing with whatever health issue she seems to be going through it makes sense that the band would want to be ready in case a situation like this came up. All the best to Anette and her health but the band is more than just her and there are 4 other members who make a living by their music and any musician can tell you that it’s tough to make it if you don’t tour.

I was introduced to NW with Tarja as the singer; I never got to see her perform live unfortunately. I love the music of the newer albums but always thought Anette’s voice was too weak and whiney for NW. I welcome Floor as a possible new singer with open arms as she is one of my favorite female metal vocalists. Her voice has the power needed for ALL of Nightwish’s songs and she can command the crowd with her stage presence. I hope NW sees this with the response the crowds will give with her on stage. I definitely saw it last night in Seattle!
Thank you so much for this review. It gave me chills. I really wish I could see Floor perform with them. What you said was exactly how I imagined she would perform and they would interact with her. I seriously hope they consider her full-time.

Thanks for the clips, AngraRules, though as you said, they are too damn short.

So, again, is ANYONE here going to the New Orleans or Florida shows?

Thank you so much for this review. It gave me chills. I really wish I could see Floor perform with them. What you said was exactly how I imagined she would perform and they would interact with her. I seriously hope they consider her full-time.

I have a burning desire to make NO. I'm going to ask my wife tonight, and I expect a "die in a fire" look. Having a child sure has made concertgoing much more difficult.

I'm going to the San Francisco show on Wednesday, hopefully procuring a photo pass, and I'll be sure to get some good video footage if possible as well.

Cool! I hope that works out, as I'd love to see your first-rate pics and vids.

I have a burning desire to make NO. I'm going to ask my wife tonight, and I expect a "die in a fire" look. Having a child sure has made concertgoing much more difficult.
Heh, I sure know it. Went through it myself. Now my son is suffering - he lives IN Seattle and Kamelot and Floor are some of his favorite performers. Nope, didn't get to see them, poor guy. I'd live to make that NO show. Still looking into it.

Todd Latorre has been chosen as the new singer in Nightwish. Right after the tour finishes he will begin recording on their next album Operation:imaginaerum II

New Orleans is looking really good, barring any court appearance.