Now Distro-ing @ Krankenhaus Records...

David Gold

Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
Pease Note: This Thread will be used to update news about new album titles and merch being distributed by Woods of Ypres' own Krankenhaus Records. There are more new titles coming soon so stay tuned! DG :) Here's #1...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday March 18th 2006 -

"For fans of black metal, old school thrash and traditional metal...."

Krankenhaus Records are proud to announce that we have signed a distribution agreement with Ottawa, Ontario, Canada's best kept black-thrash secret MOG RUITH!

MogRuith-SelfTitled.jpg

MOG RUITH - "Catatonic Stellar Illusions"

From the dynamic thrashing of the songs themselves to the straight forward and honest presentation of the band to the dark and very slick cover art and layout in the booklet, this band is pure class!

"Highly impressive and promising new band from Canada, Mog Ruith shows their formidable skills on this 2005 self-released album. Sounding like a hybrid of Dissection, Immortal and Hypocrisy, with a cavernous atmosphere that lends pure dread to the music, Mog Ruith is a name we should be hearing more from in the future." - The End Records.

Here are 2 MP3s:
Catatonic Stellar Illusions
Blackened by the Spiritual Domain

Click here to read a brand new 4.5/5 review from Metal Crypt!

+ They have N-ice flash website you can check out at @ www.mogruith.com

To Order...

1) Direct from Krankenhaus Records:

Send,

$15* (CND) to CANADA
$12* (USD) to the USA
$13* (USD) / 11 Euros to the rest of the WORLD

* Shipping is included.

Payment Accepted: Well Hidden Cash, Cheques, Money Orders, sent to:

Krankenhaus Records
c/o David Gold
178 Front St. East, #202
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
M5A 1E6

OR...

Paypal Payment sent to: krankenhausrecords@hotmail.com

OR...

2)
TheEnd_logo_bw.jpg

Click here to buy it from The End Records!

More info soon!

Contact Paul (guitars/vocals) from the band at: contact@MOGRUITH.com

To MOG RUITH! This album kicks ass! :kickass:

Oy vey!

I downloaded the MP3s (like, duh) and this sounds *great*!

Hmmm, I might have to consider ordering a crapload of stuff from Krankenhaus, possibly throwing in one of them nifty toques so I could run around looking like a friggin' terrorist. ;-)
I'm even considering hooking up on PayPal for this, and that really means something.

Me thinks you'll hear from me on this, David. But first I'll check whether my bud over at the record store could get a hold of the WoY mini that I ordered.

David Gold said:
Cool to hear you are digging the Mog Ruith! It's really starting to catch on with people. Some really positive reviews have been coming out. :kickass:
That's n-ice. Is there any news on the future of the band, though? They sound a bit doubtful on their site...
BTW, I'm digging WoY as well! :cool:

Is there any news on the future of the band, though? They sound a bit doubtful on their site...
A lot of that has to do with the fact that Paul (Mog Ruith guitarist/vocalist/frontman) has also been writing and (more recently) recording his 'solo' black metal project during the last 2 years. He says he expects it to be released before the end of 2006. We'll see what happens! :)

Upon further investigation...HOLY SHIT! Check out the 2nd song on:

http://www.myspace.com/gevaudanmetal

"A Gathering of..."

:kickass:

+ Read what Paul himself writes about this project. I found this really interesting, and I can relate to alot of it...

"Its interesting to realize how much effort went into the making of this entity. The whole essence of the ladder is based on an enormous amount of solitude, a pompous attitude and the human drive to achieve perfection. Although the music is innately flawed I cant help but ponder the possibility in what might be my own humble opinion that its good. Whether or not its a millstone is irrelevant but relevant to me in such that the whole time factor, monetary drain, and an untainted focus made this possible. Ironic that it ended up this way. Further more I can help but reiterate the fact that some influence is present here.Some good, mostly bad. I stand by my convictions and to those characters with manipulative and influential mannerisms, I can only say this, you failed and failed miserably. I cant imagine myself not have done something like at least once in my life and the well camouflage jealousy is there, I see it in their eyes. I am someone who dearly enjoys criticism, constructive or deconstructive and observe the human conflict in action. Its somewhat disheartening yet fascinating. Most importantly a lot of hate fuelled this creation. Its such a powerful emotion that I have seen time and time again it consume those who do not know how to use it properly or just plainly oblivious to it otherwise. Never fight or resist yourself, embrace your emotions and let them flow within you. Hate when harnessed positively can feed the creative process. Constantly are we bombarded that it is a negative emotion and educes negative thoughts and behaviours, I could not disagree more. What this creation isWell folks, another heavy metal album, where it sits in the spectrum of the many genres in encompasses, Ill let you decide. A mix of this a mix of that and a little bit of atmosphere for good measure. Of course its very guitar oriented and riff based material, traditional and chaotic at the same time. I always seem to go back to my roots for inspiration; yes of course Im talking about the 80s. This does not necessarily mean its nostalgic in any way, just inspired from the genuine feeling of that particular era. 5 years of preparation and 2 years in full production, mind you it was never a constant. Many experiences and deeply rooted convictions have had a direct influence on the music, lyrics and the flow of this entire opus. A primordial quality is having the heart to make it happenI just simply enjoy writing songs. In my own words it has beauty, harshness, simplicity and a hateful nature. In the true spirit of heavy metal, play it loud and make your ears bleed. A few last wordsThe intention was to write the best material possible within my limitations. OriginalProbably not, good songs.Well I think so. Through arrogance and perseverance Regards, Paul R. Champagne"

Sounds pretty damn awesome.

I'm going to have to look into this band. It's hard as hell to find decent Canadian metal bands, and it's great to see one great one supporting another.

Thanks for the MP3's