Now Listening To thread

I'd probably say that I like Helloween a bit more than Gamma Ray, and I think I like the Deris-era Helloween the most

I like Helloween a lot more than Gamma Ray too. It's hard to compare the Kiske-era to the Deris-era. I still say the Keeper albums are the cream of the crop in terms of power metal albums, but the other two after those were awful. With the Deris-era, they've all been good for the most part except for "Rabbit Don't Come Easy" imo but only a few rival "Keepers", such as "Dark Ride" and "The Time of the Oath."

For me the only Gamma Ray that ever mattered is No World Order, Land of the Free, Somewhere out in Space and Powerplant, though that last one gets significantly less spins from me.

I'd probably say that I like Helloween a bit more than Gamma Ray, and I think I like the Deris-era Helloween the most

HA HA HA HA....I feel EXACTLY the same way. Glad to see another person here will good taste.

Today's listenings while i cleaned out my room and reorganized a ton of stuff.
photo.php

Different ears I guess. I find it interesting you like Majestic but dislike No World Order due to it being heavily Priest inspired, as I feel Majestic does that even moreso. I don't know, NWO just flows really well and has a lot of memorable tracks for me.

"Heart of the Unicorn" is a rip off of "Painkiller" and "Solid" is a rip off of "Rapid Fire." I know they like to do tributes like that, but in those cases they went way too far. Also, most of "NWO" is pretty basic and simple. Most of the songs on "Majestic" have different parts besides the verse and the chorus.

Jason: Screw you, pal. Just for that I'm not going to introduce your band at the fest.

Haggard - Eppur Si Muove
The Immortal - Awaken the Lion and Autumn Rain
Helloween - Better Than Raw

Helloween - Straight Out Of Hell (FINALLY!)

Bob hit the nail on the head on this one. It's a decent album but the vocal melodies are almost the same on every track.

Eh, its still Helloween, so it will end the year in my top 5 probably anyhow!