Now Listening To thread

the new Voivod is decent. This is a band that seems to have lost that creative energy that they had with Dimension Hatross and Nothingface. While they have dont solid albums since....just that flow and energy isnt there.

Gamma Ray - Majestic
Helloween - EP/Walls of Jericho

Those are two of my three all-time top albums. I'm glad someone in this new band has good taste. That is, if Jason hasn't kicked everyone else out already.

Salem's Law - Tale of Goblins' Breed
Blind Guardian - Imaginations From the Other Side
Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middle-Earth

Those are two of my three all-time top albums. I'm glad someone in this new band has good taste. That is, if Jason hasn't kicked everyone else out already.

Not to start a flame war here, but Majesty is probably my least favorite Gamma Ray album, besides Sigh No More.

Not to start a flame war here, but Majesty is probably my least favorite Gamma Ray album, besides Sigh No More.

Majesty is probably one of my least favorite of Gamma Ray albums though it does have some great tracks like Fight and Blood Religion.

I was thinking of how I would order their albums best to worst (in my opinion). Powerplant and Somewhere Out In Space were a tie and Armageddon was the tie breaker.

Land of the Free
No World Order!
Powerplant
Somewhere Out In Space
Heading For Tomorrow
Land of the Free II
Insanity and Genius
To The Metal
Majestic
Sigh No More

Majesty is probably one of my least favorite of Gamma Ray albums though it does have some great tracks like Fight and Blood Religion.

I was thinking of how I would order their albums best to worst (in my opinion). Powerplant and Somewhere Out In Space were a tie and Armageddon was the tie breaker.

Land of the Free
No World Order!
Powerplant
Somewhere Out In Space
Heading For Tomorrow
Land of the Free II
Insanity and Genius
To The Metal
Majestic
Sigh No More

Pretty much how I would order them too, though I would actually put Land of the Free II ahead of Heading for Tomorrow. I feel No World Order is very underrated.

For me the only Gamma Ray that ever mattered is No World Order, Land of the Free, Somewhere out in Space and Powerplant, though that last one gets significantly less spins from me.

I'd probably say that I like Helloween a bit more than Gamma Ray, and I think I like the Deris-era Helloween the most

Majesty is probably one of my least favorite of Gamma Ray albums

I see I spoke too soon when I said you had good taste.

Why do you guys like "No World Order!" so much? They were clearly lacking inspiration on that one. Too many Judas Priest rip offs.

My Gamma Ray rankings:

1. Majestic
2. Land of the Free
2. Somewhere Out in Space
2. Powerplant
5. Land of the Free II
6. Insanity & Genius
7. Heading For Tomorrow
8. No World Order!
9. To the Metal!
10. Sigh No More

Why do you guys like "No World Order!" so much? They were clearly lacking inspiration on that one. Too many Judas Priest rip offs.

My Gamma Ray rankings:

1. Majestic
2. Land of the Free
2. Powerplant
5. Land of the Free II
6. Insanity & Genius
7. Heading For Tomorrow
8. No World Order!
9. To the Metal!
10. Sigh No More

Well you have to understand that for being a least favorite Gamma Ray CD I still enjoy more than a ton of other "favorite" bands." Don't get me wrong "Majestic" is great it's just not the one I have spent the most time with so maybe I will listen more.

My Gamma Ray rankings:

1. Majestic
2. Land of the Free
2. Powerplant
5. Land of the Free II
6. Insanity & Genius
7. Heading For Tomorrow
8. No World Order!
9. To the Metal!
10. Sigh No More

Different ears I guess. I find it interesting you like Majestic but dislike No World Order due to it being heavily Priest inspired, as I feel Majestic does that even moreso. I don't know, NWO just flows really well and has a lot of memorable tracks for me.