Now looking for a keyboardist

GreggSuspyre

May 31, 2005
New Jersey
www.myspace.com
I think it's time we officially start looking for a keyboardist. If you've seen us live in the past, we would either play just as 2 guitars, bass, drums, and vocals, or we'd use backing tracks with all the orchestral and other synth parts on them. The backing tracks were nice because it provided the full Suspyre effect, but having Sam play to a click was sometimes a nerve-wracking experience, since something was always bound to go wrong.

Another reason we want a keyboardist is just to have another voice for future compositions, along with someone else that can take solos.

Now here are our audition requirements, upon which we will be only somewhat lenient:

• Must be able to read music. Yes, this means both treble and bass clef. Years of piano lessons is a plus and so is some kind of higher education involving music.
  • I can do the arrangements (each piece is orchestrated completely differently; most of it will be arranging four string parts into the comfort of two hands), but it would be nice if the keyboardist can program his/her own sounds.
  • Age should be between 18-25ish years of age, simply because that's what we are.
  • Obviously, if you're a drug addict, it'll be hard to work with you, heh.
  • We're from New Jersey. This shouldn't be a deciding factor since we're not a full-time band, but it may be an point to consider.

Anyway, if anyone is interested let us know. We'll post a similar bulletin to other forums.

-Gregg

Seeing Suspyre live with a keyboardist would rock socks. I wish I could play keyboards, I'd join right up. But alas, I'm barely getting by on the guitar. Heh

I saw you guys in the Hook, you guys were awesome, but something was missing..... no keyboards. So I am glad you guys are looking for one. Good Luck.