Now Playing Thread

Quo Vadis - Equilibrium

Roxanne's basslines in the song get me everytime. They're so epic! Judging by the sound, it's a fretless, right?

yes a warwick. I'm so tempted to post some of the orchestral sections we have for the new material.. they kick so much ass but i have to stop myself until all is ready. We're recording cellos and violins sometime next week maybe then I'll post just the acoustic parts.

warwick03corvette-fretless.jpg

I love their look, though their headstock looks... funny.

Any new material would be amazing but if it's unfinished nature compromises the inherent epicness of Quo Vadis then we can wait! Or you could do the updating thing that happened with Equilibrium I think. Post what's done then update it.

Out of curiosity, is the orchestral work in an intro/interlude or does it feature prominently throughout the song (or songs... God, that would be good!)?

On topic:
Augury - Jupiter to Ignite

People who like Quo Vadis should definitely check this out. It isn't the same thing obviously but it definitely stands out amongst the hordes of tech/progdeth bands that have recently popped up.:headbang:

Devin Townsend - Addicted
Fear Factory - Mechanize
Rammstein - Liebe ist fur alle da
Marty Friedman - Tokyo Jukebox
Megadeth - Endgame ( surprisingly very very good )
Dream Theater - Black Clouds..

looking forward to the new CD from Richard Christy and Tim Owens, that's going to kick some ass

btw, don't know if any of you heard the Sons of Liberty project (Jon Schaffer from Iced Earth) , very disappointing, and the subject matter just makes me :puke:

^I love your list of albums... well beside Rammstein since I'm not their biggest fan and I had no idea Marty came out with a new album. I loved Loudspeaker but wasn't too impressed by Future Addict (although I had Tears of an Angel playing very often). Endgame got a lot of hate from old-school elitists/thrash-purists. I don't know, I quite liked it :S.

Humanoid - Passages Part 3

This band is amazing. It has Augury's Mathieu and Forest, Unexpect's Chaoth and Tommy McKinnon from Neuraxis. And you'd expect it to blast your face off with epic amounts of metal but funnily enough, their entire album is just very spacey and atmospheric ambience. A very soothing listen.

Last edited by a moderator:
kiuas, the wanderer's lamentations, power metal isn't really my thing, but I love this band,

also, any idea when the new quo vadis is coming out? got into the band pretty recently and have listened to defiant imagination about 1000X since!

I'm going through the Cannibal Corpse DVD :)

I'm about to turn back into playing bass again and their bassplayer
Alex Webster is one of my favorites :)