Now Playing

In The Car:
Brand New Sin - Recipe For Disaster
Eldritch - Neighborhell
Whitesnake - Live...In The Still Of The Night

Work:
Degreee Absolute (killer prog metal w/ other cool influences as well...)

Joe

Dead Soul Tribe - Time (I'm random-playing my Progressive Metal genre collection)

I put my now playing info in my signature so that the album cover is shown. I found a pretty nifty Windows Media Player plugin. If you follow the link you can see the previous 10 songs.

Hi Static - Nice to see you around here! I think I remember seeing you occasionally post on the old PM board some years ago.....

I'm way behind on answering email (WTF else is new w/ me anyways?!?) , but wanted to post some VERY opinionated comments on all of stuff getting spun this week

Evergrey - Monday Morning Apocalypse (IMO their best since ISoT)
Queensryche - OM II (need to give it more listens before making a judgement, but it is a little bland so far...)
Jorn - The Duke (Good stuff! Looking forward to seeing his solo performance in Atlanta, although I am bummed Nevermore won't be there....)
Astral Doors-Astralism (alright, but the Dio junior wannabe fronting the band really needs his own identity!)
Angel Blake-Angel Blake (good heavy yet melodic stuff from the ex-singer of Transport League)
Chaoswave-The White Noise Within (good Italian Metal with a cute chickie fronting them! Sort of like Nevermore w/ female vox....)
Early_Man-Closing in (heard these guys on MusicChoice! Nothing Amazing still worth checking out - some cool stoner riffs w/ a Sabbath-era Ozzy wannabe fronting)
Gillan-Double Trouble (I love this classic live disc from Gillan & I also love the girl on the right hand side of the cover! I've had a crush on her ever since I saw this cover when I was 13 years old which was so long ago, I bet she is wearing Depends diapers & riding on one of those carts people annoy the shit out of me w/ at the grocery store these days! Hell - I'm not that far away from all that shit myself! HA!)
Godsmack - Speak (Can my all time fave drummer Shannon Larkin save this band from repeating themselves into oblivion? I need to hear more than this single to know for sure, but I unfortunately can't picture Sully going too far off the path he has walked on for all 3 of their discs so far....)
Herod-Rich Mans War, Poor Mans Fight (I remember liking their last disc a whole lot more than this, but other than a bit subpar production compared to some of the other things I've been listening to, this isn't bad by any means)

There is still more to listen to, but I'll post some more comments soon!
Did I piss you off w/ my comments? I sure as hell hope so! HA! Let me know what you think....
Joe

Its been EONS since I posted here, but rest assured I've been listening to tons of music. Some current faves include:

Stuck Mojo - Southern Born Killers
Harem Scarem - Human Nature
Masterplan - MK II
Machine Head - The Blackening
The Killers - Sams Town

Tons more i'm looking forward to in the comnig weeks as well...

What have YOU been listening to?
Joe