Yardbirds - Greatest Hits, Volume 1: 1964-1966
Enertia - Force :cool:
Ion Vein - Reigning Memories
Winterland - Personality
Abydos
Nocturnal Rites - New World Messiah
Grip Weeds - various mp3's

On Deck:
Metal/Alt Rock sampler I made (from Nocturnal Rites to Destruction)
Two Pearl Jam boots
Pantera best of :headbang:

These arrived in my mailbox this morning:

Lord Tracy - Live (1989 Z Rock Concert)
Lord Tracy - Cull None

I'm going ot contact Terry Glaze (LT singer) & see if he is interesting in having Animated Insanity Records carry a few copies. Here are some relevent links...
www.animatedinsanityrecords.com
www.lordtracy.com

I'm also spinning tunes from a great new local band (from upstate NY I just found out about last week called Perfect Silence. Check them out at:
http://www.perfect-silence.tk/

We're playing a show w/ them @ Northern Lights in Albany, NY
on Friday, October 22....

Keep the now playing lists coming!
Joe

I received my copy of "Force" in the mail yesterday. Thank you Joe!!

Thank you Enertia for such an awesome cd!! :headbang: I love it!!!

Thanks, Starbaby! Glad to hear you like the new disc & glad it arrived so quickly!!

Not listening to anything now, but when I was in my car earlier, I listened to:

Flotsam & Jetsam - Drift
Eldritch - Reverse
Lamb Of God - Ashes Of The Wake

Have a good rest of the weekend everyone!
Joe

Good list, Tim!!! The new Jelly Jam is quite enjoyable!

My recent spins:
Europe - Start from The Dark (great comeback disc!!!)
Avenged Sevenfold - Waking The fallen (one of my fave discs of 2004 & it came out last year!!!) :Spin:

Joe

What I brought to work with me this evening:

Decimation- Rat Race demo 1991
Enertia- Momentum
Enertia- Flashpoint
Enertia- Force
Katagory V- A New Breed Of Rebellion
Metal Church- Weight Of The World
Realm- Final Solution demo 1987
Sacrifice- Solider Of Misfortune

Matt

Last night / today (thanks Joe):
Dare - Beneath The Shining Surface
Dreamscape - End Of Silence
Eidolon - Apostles Of Defiance
Mattias Eklundh - Freak Guitar 2: The Road Less Travelled
Eldritch - Porttrait Of The Abyss Within
Blackmore's Night - Shadow Of The Moon
Brainstorm - Live Suffering

Watching:
Rush In Rio DVD Disc 1

ENERTIA_Joe said:
Lord Tracy - Live (1989 Z Rock Concert)
Lord Tracy - Cull None

I'm going to contact Terry Glaze (LT singer)
Gargling glam-singers, Batman! So, Joe... These guys are still alive & kicking, eh? I bought the vinyl of the (debut?) a few years back and wasn't grabbed strongly, so I haven't bothered to pay attention.. How does this newer stuff sound?

By the way, good to comm again! Sorry I've been such a deadbeat, but.. feces occurs, eh? I'm heartened to find that not only did the whole Neil Kernon thing happen, the disc is complete and out and Enertia are emerging more and more.. 'Bout fuckin' time I'd say..

ENERTIA_Joe said:
Keep the now playing lists coming!
Joe
You assed for it..

Currently in the MP3 player at work: Enertia - FORCE (no shit! My copy just arrived late last week from TheEnd, and I've only had a chance to listen to the first few tracks 'cause I acquired a pool table concurrently).

Next up: Beyond Twilight - DEVIL'S HALL OF FAME (only recently got turned on to Twilight/Beyond Twilight and I feel like an idiot for having missed them all these years)

Currently in the car: Tad Morose - MODUS VIVENDI +3 (fuckin' A right! I can't believe I passed on these guys for so many years because their name screamed "malcontent teenage nu-breeder" to me. Boy, was I mistaken).

I look forward to re-recording the MP3 CD-RW for the car to include Enertia & Beyond Twilight as the "MP3 player at work" scenario is hardly fair to the music until it's already engrained in your brain.

L8r!

its been a few days since i posted here due to being insanely busy @ work, but since I'm spinning tunage here today, I figured I'd tell the world what I'm listening to....

Sick Speed - The Way I Am (Rich Ward's ill fated side project. Good stuff, although I'm definitely looking very forward to the Stuck Mojo reunion disc that will be coming out in 2005....)

Pharoah - After The Fire (not only does metal maniacs scribe matt Johnsen write a good review, he also plays a damn mean lead guitar!!! Glad to see that disc #2 will be out in 2005!)

Rusty Cooley - s/t (killer shred maniac form the band Outworld!!! This guy plays faster than Roman (hard to imagine if that is humanly possible! :) (but probably not as fast as jeff Waters! LOL - read this: http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=28349)

Nightingale - Invisible (DAMN! What a great disc this is!! Very commercial sounding, but still packs a punch! Glad I checked this one out!!!

So what have YOU been listening to?? Post it here...
Joe

ENERTIA_Joe said:
So what have YOU been listening to?? Post it here...
Joe
Today, entertainment brought to me by:

Various Artists - SOMETHING RASH (2004): personal compilation of AOR/melodic rock featuring a wide range of artists most people here probably consider pussies..

Vicious Rumors - WORD OF MOUTH (1994): I still lament the tragic passing of Carl Albert, and I also miss the teamwork of Geoff Thorpe & Mark McGee (though Ira Black is a great addition to the band and the current 6-string duet is great).

Last Tribe - WITCH DANCE (2002): I never get tired of this disc. It doesn't seem to matter how many times I spin it, the hooks & flourishes don't get boring.

SyX - TWILIGHT IN OLYMPUS (1998): I've had this since it was new, but I don't give it enough attention. I'm not very familiar with it even by this time. I will probably never like any SyX more than DIVINE WINGS, but ODDYSSEE is pretty close.

next..

How 'bout these:

Annihilator- All For You
Laurent Fleury- Contrastes
The Handsome Beasts- Beastiality
Neil Rambaldi- Perpetual Horizons
UDO- Thunderball
Al DiMeola- Elegant Gypsy
Horslips- The Book Of Invasions
Love- The Forever Changes Concert
Mahavishnu Orchestra- Birds Of Fire
Yardbirds (personal comp.)

:wave: :loco:

We're all pretty open minded around here, Paul, so feel free to post whatever you've been listening to w/o fear of being labelled a pussy! ;-)

I listen to a wide range of all genres of muic from Celine Dion, the The Bee Gees & AM radio to death metal, all depending on my mood. Back when I was in my teens, I couldn't bear the thought of owning anything that wasn't considered metal, but quickly "changed my tune"...LOL

With that being said, I don't see myself writing songs that would fit on The Laurence Welk Show or play Petula Clark in the car when I'm experiencing road rage, as Slayer seems to fit that bill much better.... :loco:

Dave - I look forward to hearing what you think of the new Annihilator, as I must say that as a fan of that band, I truly was VERY disappointed w/ that disc.

Joe

NP: Eidolon - Apostles Of Defiance

ENERTIA_Joe said:
We're all pretty open minded around here, Paul, so feel free to post whatever you've been listening to w/o fear of being labelled a pussy! ;-)
Somehow, though, I still don't think I'd want to tell anyone if I was secretly grooving to Cap'n & Tenille, Peter, Paul & Mary, or Barney's Greatest Hits.. *heh heh*

ENERTIA_Joe said:
I listen to a wide range of all genres of muic from Celine Dion,
Now wait just a gall-darned minute! We're going to have to revoke your membership if you keep this up.

ENERTIA_Joe said:
With that being said, I don't see myself writing songs that would fit on The Laurence Welk Show
Well, that's definitely a relief. I'm not ready for the video of you banging your head amidst a sea of champagne bubbles..

ENERTIA_Joe said:
what you think of the new Annihilator, as I must say that as a fan of that band, I truly was VERY disappointed w/ that disc.
I know you weren't asking me, but....

I've still got mixed feelings. I mean, on the one hand, I was ecstatic that Jeff went back to good rhythm guitar tone, 'cause as good as much of the music is on WAKING THE FURY, I can't get over the fuzziness.. I do like several of the tunes on ALL FOR YOU, but, for instance, I think that (1st?)clean, jazzy guitar break in the title track has to be the sloppiest thing I've ever heard Jeff lay on tape. I think I'm OK with the new singer, though I'll miss Joe C. I feel some of the disc is too samey.. Needs more diversity (from Jeff's own history). My $0.02, likely to change and/or be refined over time.

MRNot said:
Somehow, though, I still don't think I'd want to tell anyone if I was secretly grooving to Cap'n & Tenille, Peter, Paul & Mary, or Barney's Greatest Hits.. *heh heh*
Oh, but now that my security is assured, I'll post the tracklist from aforementioned AOR comp. To colour things, let it be understood this comp was created as a birthday gift for a female co-worker (though, yes, I made it so that I'd want to listen to it, too, and I kept a copy), and I'll further post one of my latest metal comps so my motives are more completely understood, to wit:

Various Artist - SOMETHING RASH (2004), AOR

01 Storyteller - Corridor of Windows
02 Journey - To Be Alive Again
03 Biloxi - Out on the Streets
04 Deacon Street Project - Radio
05 On the Rise - Beat of Your Heart
06 Unruly Child - Still Believe
07 Street Talk - Language of Love
08 Pride of Lions - Sound of Home
09 the Ladder - Closer to Your Heart
10 Prisoner - Hear Me Heaven
11 Jorn Lande - Break It Up
12 Harem Scarem - Hard to Love
13 Radioactive - Somewhere Someday
14 Shadows Fade - Sooner or Later
15 Tyketto - Meet Me in the Night
16 Josh Ramos - Come Back to Me
17 the Storm - I Want You Back
18 Pretty Maids - Wouldn't Miss You
19 Fee Waybill - Saved My Life
20 Emerald Rain - Everyday Hero
21 Tour de Force - Perfect Lover

Various Artists - REVEAL THE TRUTH (2004), heavy metal - melodic

Disc 01:
01 SectionA - Pray for Rain
02 Radakka - Rainy Daze
03 Vicious Rumors - Thunder and Rain
04 Evergrey - Words Mean Nothing
05 Angel Dust - Bleed
06 DC Cooper - Forgive Me
07 Last Tribe - Wash Your Sins Away
08 Vanden Plas - Salt in My Wounds
09 Tarot - Painless
10 Flotsam and Jetsam - Destructive Signs
11 Jag Panzer - the Silent
12 Geoff Coleman - Bloodline
13 Grave Digger - the House
14 House of Spirits - Turn of the Tide
15 Threshold - Phenomenon
16 Silent Force - Empire of Future

Disc 02:
01 Balance of Power - Book of Secrets
02 Yngwie J. Malmsteen - Pyramid of Cheops
03 Helloween - the Time of the Oath
04 Angra - Acid Rain
05 John West - Hands in the Fire
06 Stormwind - Excalibur
07 SymphonyX - the Accolade
08 Kamelot - a Sailorman's Hymn
09 Magnitude 9 - Lost Along the Way
10 Royal Hunt - Message to God
11 Nation - Live in a Lie
12 Savatage - Edge of Thorns
13 Tad Morose - Sword of Retribution
14 Brainstorm - Beyond My Destiny

There.. That should set things straight..

I hope you know I was truly tempted to be a wise ass & call you a pussy, but after seeing your selections, those comps look like they rock pretty good! :p

I saw your NP was Waysted - I just ordered the Jap version of their reunion album this week. The samples sounded good & I was always a big fan of Fin & am looking very forward to that package arriving, as it also includes the Loudness CD, Rockshocks, remakes of 14 Loudness classics...

Joe

ENERTIA_Joe said:
I hope you know I was truly tempted to be a wise ass & call you a pussy
Wouldn't have surprised me.. *smirk* I guess I am a pussy sometimes, but what can I say? I'm human.

ENERTIA_Joe said:
..but after seeing your selections, those comps look like they rock pretty good! :p
Glad to have earned a nod.. I'm particularly proud of REVEAL THE TRUTH. I probably could have come up with another disc or two to compound it if I allowed myself to repeat an artist within a single compilation, but heck, 3 hours should be enough to satisfy anyone (even me) for a single "release."

ENERTIA_Joe said:
I saw your NP was Waysted - I just ordered the Jap version of their reunion album this week. The samples sounded good & I was always a big fan of Fin
So, who was Fin with before? I must admit I think I missed the boat with Waysted. Other than SAVE YOUR PRAYERS, I find them kind of vanilla. I listened to the soundclips from the new one, and it sounds *VERY* competent and well engineered, but it just didn't excite me..