Now Playing

Wagner - Ride of the Valkyries

When listened to, this score makes me feel powerful enough to slay an entire army. :heh:
I just love the 'Metalness' of this master piece.

Wagner is such a god.

That might be 'A Fragile Mind' perhaps? I haven't heard that one personally, but apparently they weren't that happy with that one either...

img000004gi9.jpg

:headbang:

Anyway, Zero Hour- Specs Of Pictures Burnt Beyond and Towers Of Avarice are in the mail apparently, should hopefully arrive tomorrow or Thursday... :D

NP: Outworld- Warcry

Yndi Halda - A Song for Starlit Beaches

Amazing. :worship:

wow, i find it really weird you've heard of them hehe, they are on a label local to me, and i saw them live last year, i think individually each of their songs is amazing, the thing is, they resorted to the same "epic chord sequence" in almost every song the played, so for me it got boring and i didnt bother buying their cd :<

wow, i find it really weird you've heard of them hehe, they are on a label local to me, and i saw them live last year, i think individually each of their songs is amazing, the thing is, they resorted to the same "epic chord sequence" in almost every song the played, so for me it got boring and i didnt bother buying their cd :<

Every song has this really epic joyful feeling that I love, but I haven't noticed the repetition quite yet. As far as post rock goes they're one of the bands I most enjoy.

np: The Mars Volta - Cygnus...Vismund Cygnus

The one from 2005.

That's A Fragile Mind, their weakest imo. Get Towers of Avarice (2001) or Metamorphosis (2003), and Specs of Pictures Burnt Beyond (2006) or the new one, Dark Deceiver (2008)

The first two have Erik Rosvold on vocals, the latter two Chris Salinas. Both are excellent. Fred Marshall from A Fragile Mind had no range, and wasn't the greatest lyricist either. He was a "fill in" for an album while the band found a new permanent guy.

That's A Fragile Mind, their weakest imo. Get Towers of Avarice (2001) or Metamorphosis (2003), and Specs of Pictures Burnt Beyond (2006) or the new one, Dark Deceiver (2008)

The first two have Erik Rosvold on vocals, the latter two Chris Salinas. Both are excellent. Fred Marshall from A Fragile Mind had no range, and wasn't the greatest lyricist either. He was a "fill in" for an album while the band found a new permanent guy.

Is it still worth getting though? Its been sitting in my local cd store for ages staring me in the face, and I doubt anyone else in the city will buy it... :lol:

NP: Symphony X- The Odyssey