Now Playing

Scar Symmetry - Holographic Universe
Holographic_Universe.jpg

DEFINITELY buying this when it comes out. wow.

Scar Symmetry has no bad album imo.

The new one is the most proggy and the least brutal.
Pitch Black Progress is an intense onslaught of awesome.
Symmetric In Design is more raw, harsh, and shreddy.

All of them are tasteful and melodic, with great production.

And whatever weight my words might have in recommending are about to be bust, when I say that I also dig this new one:
Indestructible.jpg

They never were the best band, but this and their last album don't blow large penises like their first two.

Scar Symmetry has no bad album imo.

The new one is the most proggy and the least brutal.
Pitch Black Progress is an intense onslaught of awesome.
Symmetric In Design is more raw, harsh, and shreddy.

All of them are tasteful and melodic, with great production.

And whatever weight my words might have in recommending are about to be bust, when I say that I also dig this new one:
Indestructible.jpg

They never were the best band, but this and their last album don't blow large penises like their first two.

I like what I've heard of Scar Symmetry...the clean vocal stuff is awesome, the melody, the riffs...great stuff...but I'm just sick of the growling shit...isn't it time that just passed on? I was so close to buying PBP many times, but I just can't get past the growling crap...it's just getting old.

That's a very cool cover, by the way. Back in the day, we used to buy metal albums based on the album cover artwork...we had no point of reference besides tape trading and a rare Kerrrang. That would have been a definite purchase.

I like what I've heard of Scar Symmetry...the clean vocal stuff is awesome, the melody, the riffs...great stuff...but I'm just sick of the growling shit...isn't it time that just passed on? I was so close to buying PBP many times, but I just can't get past the growling crap...it's just getting old.

It's just an alternative style of vocals. It's part of the "sound" of many bands and it's something their fans enjoy. It's staying for a long time :p

I used to hate it too. But the more I listened to bands with "growls" I began to appreciate how it's a very varied style of vocals, and it's very difficult to do.

It's just an alternative style of vocals. It's part of the "sound" of many bands and it's something their fans enjoy. It's staying for a long time :p

I used to hate it too. But the more I listened to bands with "growls" I began to appreciate how it's a very varied style of vocals, and it's very difficult to do.

I came to accept it years ago, but it's time to go away again...it's boring and it takes the part of melody(something seriously lacking by most bands that use the growls as a crutch).

Time for a new trend maybe farting into the mic.