Now Playing

Elvenking - The Scythe

Ok I've been giving this album a lot of spins (I'm actually listening to it right now). I like it. However, having never heard anything by them before I don't really think it's anything to be creaming yourself over. I know Diabolik really likes them. I mean it's not bad, I actually really like it I just don't understand all the buzz about these guys. If anything they sound more Hard Rock than Metal.
Just my opinion of course.

Diabolik: Did I start with the wrong album? Which one would you recommend?

Elvenking - The Scythe

Ok I've been giving this album a lot of spins (I'm actually listening to it right now). I like it. However, having never heard anything by them before I don't really think it's anything to be creaming yourself over. I know Diabolik really likes them. I mean it's not bad, I actually really like it I just don't understand all the buzz about these guys. If anything they sound more Hard Rock than Metal.
Just my opinion of course.

Diabolik: Did I start with the wrong album? Which one would you recommend?

you totally strated with the wrong disc. Get HEATHENREEL then WINTERS WAKE. the Scythe is good but there is almost zero folk elements in this disc plus the catchiness that Elevenking are known for really isnt there this time around.

PENTAGRAM - FIRST DAZE HERE TOO

I always expect this band to sound different than they do, for some reason. I guess because they are always labeled as being one of the first US doom metal bands. I hear as much KISS in these guys though as I do Sabbath.