Now reading thread

Crack Hitler

homeless
Jul 26, 2002
Finland
www.voihyvaluoja.tk
Just to balance things in this forum (with all those drinking stories ;) ) I thought it might be nice to hear what you peeps are reading at the moment.. well some of you must read books, right?

I just finished Stephen Kings newest (?) Dreamcatcher and got back my faith in mr. King. Some of his latest work haven't been that great (compared to books like Shining, Pet Semetary and It) but this and Hearts in Atlantis were brilliant in my opinion.

NR: Charles Willeford - New Hope for the Dead

Actually i didn't like much "hearts in Atlantis", coz it was like incomplete, but you say the new one is cool?

maybe i'll give it a try soon. Btw just completed Frank Herbert's "Hellstrom's Hive" - nice book in the mood of these cloning cults... i wonder when there will be an hive\insects cults?

im reading a book called 'anissa corto' from a guy called yann moix. i just picked a book randomly 6 months ago, loved it, and now im reading what else that guy has written. hes good. but you non-french speakers cant understand hehe.

Originally posted by Ivo
Actually i didn't like much "hearts in Atlantis", coz it was like incomplete, but you say the new one is cool?

Yeh, it's this The Thing kinda situation with a few twists and lots of dream-like metaphors and psychological struggle.. eh. I liked it alot.

I actually loved Atlantis 'cause it was like a big puzzle with a warm heart. Especially the first two segments were great, and the others added depth and mystery to the book. I still haven't figured it out completely, I guess.

no shit,a friend borrowed it from the library the other day and told me this huxley is a lunatic.

the portrait of dorian gray by oscar wilde is my only recent endeavour,pretty stunning though.

Originally posted by the_good_son141
the portrait of dorian gray by oscar wilde is my only recent endeavour,pretty stunning though.

I love that book!!!! You can't do wrong by chosing Oscar Wilde! :) :)

At the moment I'm reading
"Molecular Genetics" by Knippers :erk:
"Finnland" by Baedeker :D
and the new Hard Rock and Metal Hammer.. what a cover :D
titel_01_03.jpg

no shit,a friend borrowed it from the library the other day and told me this huxley is a lunatic.

I dont see why ur friend came to this conclusion when reading 'brave new world' :confused:
I dont see anything lunatic in this book:confused:

then you are one of them:)

its about science fiction or sth? i dunno details,but he didnt got much of it nor did he like it.hm,i suppose he expected more from such a classic title.

@eos:well,capricorns in coordination!its deffo one of the greatest ive read.esp the things lord Harry says are my fav parts...

i'm thinking of reading tom robbins,maybe the woodpecker,but after the exams that'll be.

@eos:well,capricorns in coordination!its deffo one of the greatest ive read.esp the things lord Harry says are my fav parts...

Hehe :D I like the idea of the book. Dorian finding out about his beauty and realizing that he can use it to get anything he wants. At the same time his soul getting more and more "ugly". The book is pretty real for the beauty of a person is no longer as soon as the person knows about it. Then loads of good looking people start to act shitty and that makes them ugly in my eyes. You should keep in your mind that beauty is a matter of taste and even if you profit of it in certain situations you should never use it against other people.

i'm thinking of reading tom robbins,maybe the woodpecker,but after the exams that'll be.

Same here. As soon as my exams are over (in five weeks, yuhuii!) I'm gonna start to read "Lords Of Chaos" (finally!) and also the other two tourist guides for Finland I got for present :lol:

yes the concept is unique!and what interferes to get to the final act is important too,i mean every single chapter is luring you to continue reading...

its not good to be arrogant because of your beauty,but the opposite is really bad too.i mean when you dont believe in you cos you might compare yourself to actors and feel disappointed,that sucks.
everyone should consider himself somehow beautiful, if you know what i mean:)

anyway i cant get over that Vincent is more handsome than me!:)

Ian McEwan - Atonement (translated in Greek)

Fockin' ace book this one... His writing is fantastic... Ironic, sad, cynical and veeeeeeery emotional. And I'm talking about true and proper emotions not "I love you, let's fuck" crap... It changes your perspective, no shit...

And I've heard they'll make it a movie, so read the fuckin' book now before it gets "raped" by some big fat rich Hollywood cunt...

I found some British copies at the airport in Norway this summer so I guess you can find it all over Europe...

I just finished a book with stories from Edgar Allan Poe. At the moment I'm reading "The Raven" by him again. My next book will be an Oscar Wilde's one!

then you are one of them:)

its about science fiction or sth? i dunno details,but he didnt got much of it nor did he like it.hm,i suppose he expected more from such a classic title.

......And?? it means it's a lunatic guy who wrote that , hm? just because it wasn 't fitting ur mate's expectations..?

...omg where am i :confused: :lol: