Now that St. Anger is out

i dont want to follow the crowd here but im really disapointed with it.

ok im not fucking 30 and a tr00 thrash expert like many of you seem to think you need to be to know what music you like.

ive always loved metallica but ive owned st anger for like 2 weeks now and i havent even heard past track 6. i just really dont like it.
if i didnt know it was metallica i would think it was some generic metal band failing to sound like metallica. everything on it sounds like a metallica cover band writing there own material.

thats just my opinion.

feel free to cry and tell me im to young or immature to have an opinion on music.

Just listen to Anthrax's We've Come for You All. Great music by a great band thats held true to themselves and yet it isnt the same sounding band that they started as. Metallica should take fucking notes. The sad thing is Anthrax probably wont sell very well while in the meantime pussies like Metallica rape little mall rats for their money and deliver crap.

deathbearer said:
Actually I could care less about being "troo" as I could care less about the black metal pose..
If you would get your head out of your ass and stop being so uptight you could easily see the humor in making fun of lame bands like Limp Bizcut and Stikin Park..
Stop flaming me, take some zoloft and check your head..

By calling nu-metal bands names you're just flogging a dead horse. Why do you even care? There's no need to take nu-metal as a personal insult, just ignore it.

As for St. Anger, it's just a mediocre bunch of songs. I can imagine it getting boring pretty soon. In the same way that Arch Enemy are boring now (No, I'm not saying they sound the same).

My two cents:

1. St. Anger, while not even being close to the worst piece of garbage I have ever heard, is probably either my least favorite Metallica album or at best, second only to Reload as what I would consider their worst album.

2. My reasons for this opinion have EVERYTHING to do with the production, but if they as a band are happy with it, that's fine with me. I'm still a fan of Metallica because of the six albums ( From Kill 'Em All to Load) in their catalog that I love.

3. It is not nu-metal. People need to quit saying things are nu-metal just because they don't like the album.

4. I have only listened to the album once when a friend borrowed it to me, I will be buying it soon and it just might grow on me, but I'll ALWAYS hate the goddamn tin can drums!

5. Master Of Puppets is my favorite all time Metallica album. They will not make another album that good again and I can deal with that so I don't feel the need to say how they sold out, blah, blah, blah. The Metallica bashing has gotten old, I hope some other people agree...

Once again that was my two cents!

You know? I'm sorry (but just sorta) that I bothered mentioning that I'm 32 at the beginning of this thread. All I meant to imply was that I had been a fan of Metallica's for a long time, and therefore had a huge prejudice to overcome. NOT that liking them longer makes me somehow more in tune with their music, or whatever. Only that ever since the Black album I've done just as much Metallica bashing as anybody, which is something like ten years worth....AND, I think that St. Anger is good enough to make me swallow all that dumb pride. So drop the "Well I'm 105..." crap. Sometimes I don't even know why I bother with the Internet....Jesus....

OH, and Triumphant Apostle....I liked your comments. You don't like the album but you explain why while remaining objective. Point being all this accusation of Nu Metal and all that is just silly. Furthermore, somebody posted above here about hearing St. Anger and laughing....and I mean...c'mon....even if you think it's bad, you can't think it's THAT bad. That, I think, is just good old fashioned Metallica bashing, of which I used to be guilty.

I do get a perverse pleasure out of all of it though. Back when Master of Puppets came out I lived in Missouri, and was the only one I knew who liked Metallica........now, I am again the only one I know who likes them. Ahhhh....nostalgia. Go ahead and hate it.......more for me....

ElectricWiz said:
You know? I'm sorry (but just sorta) that I bothered mentioning that I'm 32 at the beginning of this thread. All I meant to imply was that I had been a fan of Metallica's for a long time, and therefore had a huge prejudice to overcome. NOT that liking them longer makes me somehow more in tune with their music, or whatever. Only that ever since the Black album I've done just as much Metallica bashing as anybody, which is something like ten years worth....AND, I think that St. Anger is good enough to make me swallow all that dumb pride. So drop the "Well I'm 105..." crap. Sometimes I don't even know why I bother with the Internet....Jesus....

OH, and Triumphant Apostle....I liked your comments. You don't like the album but you explain why while remaining objective. Point being all this accusation of Nu Metal and all that is just silly. Furthermore, somebody posted above here about hearing St. Anger and laughing....and I mean...c'mon....even if you think it's bad, you can't think it's THAT bad. That, I think, is just good old fashioned Metallica bashing, of which I used to be guilty.

I do get a perverse pleasure out of all of it though. Back when Master of Puppets came out I lived in Missouri, and was the only one I knew who liked Metallica........now, I am again the only one I know who likes them. Ahhhh....nostalgia. Go ahead and hate it.......more for me....
Yeah, like I said when I do get it, it just might grow on me. Either way I'm still a Metallica fan and the only thing they have done that kind of pissed me off was touring with Linikin Park and Bizkit. I'm actually not going to be going to the show here on 7/27 because of the fact that I recently got married and couldn't afford tickets for my wife and I when they went on sale. I do hate the two aforementioned bands, but we would have went to the bar until Metallica went on so they didn't keep me away, money did! I hope Metallica comes back with halfway decent support acts the next time around. Maybe they should take out a band who deserves it like Overkill! I'd say Opeth, but I don't ever want to see them play an arena, it's so much better seeing them in clubs!

St Anger is not just bad...its horrible...its embarrassing...it makes me long for the heroic speed metal of...let's say, Reload. Thats how bad it is..........

When I first heard it on the radio a few weeks ago I sat there with my brother in shock as we yelled at each other about whether it was metallica or not. This is the result when you put a bunch of hasbeens in a studio surrounded by "yes" men....A disgrace not just to metal or metal fans or even the name Metallica, but a disgrace to soundwaves and anything the term "music" has ever been applied to. Horrid.