review of 5 songs from Metallica's St. Anger --->Holy fuck!

Children of Flames said:
At least Metallica are laid back and have a huge sense of humour!
Rob is an awesome bassist, he will have a big impact on the next studio album after St. Anger I believe.

...if there will be another album.

I've heard random bands that called themselves "metalcore", so I know what he means when he says it. It's just a word. The review is kind of stupid, but the content itself gives me some hope. I'd like to hear what some better respected people say though. The way he and others describe stuff about the new album, it makes it sound like SYL or something, which I immediately makes me not trust their definitions of "chaotic" and "heavy" and all that. I'll just wait until I can hear something.

I just saw some of the fake Metallica 2003 demos on the hub! Hunger is by the christian band 'Eternal Descison'. Valley of Misery is by Holochaust.
A Time for Hate is by Kerbdog.
Yeah, Hondo. There were 20 journalists there, more reviews will come!

Martin Carlsson said:
The 10th of June could become known as the day that shook the world. If you haven't catched on yet:

well, that's where i stopped reading.
ok, so i was one line from the end: so what? i never said i'm quick to catch up. :p
i think ppl that write this kind of things while reviewing five songs they've heard once ought to be left alone in the wild for three years, then allowed back to town only if they promise they'll never put pen to paper again.

rahvin.

rahvin said:
well, that's where i stopped reading.
ok, so i was one line from the end: so what? i never said i'm quick to catch up. :p
i think ppl that write this kind of things while reviewing five songs they've heard once ought to be left alone in the wild for three years, then allowed back to town only if they promise they'll never put pen to paper again.

rahvin.

Haha, absolutely. This guy had Metallica's collective dick so far down his throat he didn't know what he was writing. The day the shook the world. Hahahaha. Jesus.

Also, I wish some of you guys would stop using the wildly ambiguous term "heavy" as some bottom-line standard for the new metallica. I don't know what that word means, I don't think you do, I'll bet that Metallica doesn't, and any coherent signification for the word would doubtless border on the arbitrary (as far as any aesthetic standard is concerned). How about we all just hope that it's a good album, musically?

Metalcore is a type of music. Its a mixture of metal and hardcore. Bands like Unearth, Killswitch Engage, Hopesfall, Dead to Fall. Even Shadows Fall is a little metalcore. I highly doubt metallica is metalcore. Its funny that you guys give up hope on an album just because some reviewer fuck says its metalcore. Come on guys, give me a break.

SentencedToBurn said:
Metalcore is a type of music. Its a mixture of metal and hardcore. Bands like Unearth, Killswitch Engage, Hopesfall, Dead to Fall. Even Shadows Fall is a little metalcore. I highly doubt metallica is metalcore. Its funny that you guys give up hope on an album just because some reviewer fuck says its metalcore. Come on guys, give me a break.
Haha...I know very well what metalcore is. I was just saying that the writer's "metalcore" comment might have been lost in the translation because I'd be disgusted/surprised if Metallica ended up sounding like Shadows Fall.

SentencedToBurn said:
Most of those bands are bullshit metal rip-off hardcore bands so shut the fuck up. Listen to Stigmata ( anything before Do Unto Others, because do unto others that sucks donkey dick ), Merauder, Kickback, Congress, Deformity ( the Misanthrope demo specially, the later stuff is too death metal inclined, the early stuff is pure deathcore. ) THOSE are fucking metalcore bands, the bands you mention not only all suck but have no fucking idea of what a true fussion of genres really means.

Sincerely: Fuck off, you where never a hardcore kid, you are just a metalhead dude that knows a few trendy bands.

Reactions: yourdeadgroom
Misanthrope said:
Most of those bands are bullshit metal rip-off hardcore bands so shut the fuck up. Listen to Stigmata ( anything before Do Unto Others, because do unto others that sucks donkey dick ), Merauder, Kickback, Congress, Deformity ( the Misanthrope demo specially, the later stuff is too death metal inclined, the early stuff is pure deathcore. ) THOSE are fucking metalcore bands, the bands you mention not only all suck but have no fucking idea of what a true fussion of genres really means.

Sincerely: Fuck off, you where never a hardcore kid, you are just a metalhead dude that knows a few trendy bands.
lol im not trying to be a hardcore kid. what crawled up your ass misanthrope. just because you know all doesnt mean you have to shoot me down :).

i've heard st. anger for the first and hopefully only time yesterday and - as i said elsewhere 'cause i'm a spammer - it's an unbelievable piece of uninspired crap. i just cannot relate to how bad this record sucks. i wasn't expecting much, but this is just the worst thing i've heard this year, and probably also through the whole of last year, in any style. i'd rather listen to the whole bob marley discography twice than listen to that record again.
after hearing the whole disgusting thing all the way through i felt the need to listen to, and possibly hug all night, my old kreator records. 9 hours of endless pain and pleasure to kill might help in getting that awful sounds out of my virginal ears.

rahvin.

Oh dear god, now I've got the album, the review is....oh god, it's so inaccurate....HAHAHAHRAAHAHAHSHSDHGS.......IT'S SUCH A SHITE ALBUM! HAHHASDHGMLFMAOFAFHGAHAHAHA Don't buy it. Ever.

I'm not joking.